[10] But Wait, There's More!

Human! Koopalings fanart above by Spray-poka on Zerochan. Please go check them out! :3

"Okay, you have to stop making weird faces," Bowser remarks on your facial expression as you hear the child count, causing your jaw to drop.

"You're quite the breeder, aren't you?" You raise a brow. "I thought it was just Junior."

"What the-? Shut up and stop saying weird things! Seven of them aren't mine, okay? Junior is my only biological son. The rest I took under my care."

"Oh, wow..." You say, sitting down on a nearby chair.

"What? Do eight kids melt your delusions about me?"

You shake your head. "On the contrary, it makes you more appealing." You grin. "I never would have guessed that this universe's supervillain is quite the family man."

Bowser expresses disappointment by shaking his head. "I wouldn't call myself that, either. It's all because of their deadbeat father..."

"Deadbeat father?" You stand up. "Like, do you have a brother?" You ask, getting closer to him. 

"We won't get into that," He began, changing the subject again. "Since you already met Junior, would you care to meet my other Koopalings?

Your eyes light up with excitement. "Really?! Me?!"

"Yes, who else? Keep in mind they're more rowdy than my son. They're their father's children, all right."

"I don't mind one bit! Where are the rascals anyway?"

Bowser walks over to the door, grabs the doorknob, and opens it. The seven koopalings are revealed, having overheard your conversation with Bowser.

"Hey, dad..." The one in the middle with light blue hair spoke up first. "How are you?"

Bowser shakes his head and chuckles. "(F/n)." He began, stepping aside and giving you a good view of them. "From left to right, this is Morton, Lemmy, Wendy, Larry, Ludwig, Iggy, and Roy." 

"(F/n)?" They all said in sync.

"That's me!" You exclaim happily, walking up to them and flashing a big smile. "It's so nice to meet you all!"

"Did you finally give up on Peach and romanced this lady instead?" Larry displays, approaches you, and examines you in circles. 

"Don't say such absurd things!" Bowser quickly retorts. "Of course not..." 

Wow, even his kids are well aware of his obsession... 

"Why not? It's as clear as glass that she doesn't like you the way you do!" Morton pitches in. 

"Yeah! Besides, by how Junior has talked about (F/n), she appears to be the best choice!" Lemmy joins the conversation. 

"Yeah, dad! You can't wait on Peach forever! You're getting older by the day!" 

Bowser growls, watching his kids gang up on him. 

"Hey, I have an idea!" Ludwig speaks. "Let's take a ride out on the clown car to get to know each other better!" He suggests while the other couplings agree.

"Hey, hold on-."Bowser attempted to interrupt, but it proved unsuccessful as the Koopalings encircled you and ushered you out of the room. Bowser expressed his frustration through a sigh and trailed after the group as they made their way to Junior's quarters. Despite the man's efforts to intervene, the determination of children should never be underestimated when they desire something.

"Kids, wait!" Bowser attempts once more but is ultimately shut down again. The Koopalings burst into Junior's bedroom and find him coloring in a book on the small table in the center of the room.