[45] Matrimony Pry

After Bowser takes Princess Peach and leaves the castle, you help everyone to their feet. 

The once regal throne room is now in ruins. 

Despite the chaos, everyone was helping each other and trying to understand what had happened.

You gaze out from the balcony; Daisy approaches you and places a comforting hand on your shoulder. Turning to her, the girl sees tears welling in your eyes. "Are you okay?" She asks, her voice barely above a whisper.

You let out a heavy sigh, attempting to keep your emotions in check. The weight of the situation started to sink in, a lump forming in your throat. "This wasn't supposed to happen..." Your voice shakes as you try to hold back the tears. 

The reality of the situation hits you hard.

"Oh, (F/n)... I'm sure Bowser didn't mean any harm-." Daisy begins.

"That's not it," You interrupt intentionally. "What hurts is that he kidnapped my friend and destroyed my home." Your bottom lip trembles in shame. "I don't know if I can continue like this..."

The others look at you sadly, unsure what to say or do.

"I couldn't help the brothers, I couldn't help the kingdoms, and I couldn't even help myself..." You cry silently, using both hands to cover your mouth. Your legs slowly give out and sink to the floor. 

The tears stretch your hands; you flinch in pain. 

Stopping for a second, you stare at your hand that got caught in the crossfire — a first-degree burn, which quickly evolved into a second-degree burn.

It hurts...

You remove your injured hand from your face to avoid the saltiness of your tears from entering your skin. 

One side of the gold coin wants to keep fighting until the end, while the other wants to give up and stop struggling. 

You're caught between a rock and a hard place. 

After calming down, you think things through. "We can't lose," Standing up, you turn to face the group. "Especially not to him." You state aggressively, tightening your fists. 

The individuals notice the fire in your eyes. 

"We'll tend to everyone's wounds, retrieve the toads, and head out to the Dark Lands as soon as possible."

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

You take charge of the absence of Princess Peach. 

Altering your original plan and opting for a less risky approach. 

In doing so, you take the bold step of becoming the main assailant. 

It's a perplexing situation, and you were at a loss to understand why Bowser didn't fight back. Nevertheless, you realized the opportunity and decided to capitalize on it. 

You call the remaining group members and regroup to discuss the next course of action.

"(F/n), what's your plan?" Daisy questions as you tend to your injured hand.

"I don't plan on losing anything more than we already have..." You reply.

"What do you mean?" Daisy asks, puzzled, as you pull out the superstar and hold it up.

"I'm going to try to negotiate with Bowser. The superstar for the Toadstool Princess and the armies," You declare.

"That's a huge risk, even for you, (F/n)!" Toad exclaims in concern.