[40] Jealously Is An Ugly Thing

After The Fight...

When you quickly retreated from the scene, Bowser's anger gradually subsided, but he continued to huff and puff in frustration.

The once chaotic and noisy environment is now shrouded in a deafening silence, broken only by the occasional crackling of the nearby lava and fire.

The man glanced back at the painting of Clawdette and closed his eyes. "I'm sorry, dear..." He mumbled as he returned to it, putting the drape on top again, exiting the ruins, and heading back to the main castle in defeat.

As Bowser walked through the hallway, someone he couldn't face arose right before him out of the blue.

The small child stopped and ran to him.

"Junior..."

The blanket you gave to him on his birthday was wrapped around him. "Hey, papa! Have you seen (F/n)?" He asks curiously. "We put together a gift for her!"

Bowser crouched down to meet the boys' eager gaze, but with his sharp instincts and keen perception, Junior detected the sadness in his father's demeanor, and the excitement soon vanished from his face.

The man hesitated for a few seconds, thinking of the most appropriate words to break the news to him. "Son," He spoke softly, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but (F/n) isn't here and I don't think she's coming back."

"What..?" The child's heart sank into his stomach, struggling to control his emotions as he tried to process the devastating news. "W-why..?"

Bowser's massive hand came to rest on Junior's shoulder as the young Koopa stared up at him with confusion and sadness etched on his face. "It's better this way," Bowser spoke in a deep, rumbling voice. "We had an argument, but going into the details is pointless. Just know that this is for the best."

"What did you say to her?!" Tears pooled in his tiny red eyes as he waited for an answer. His voice was loud, and the desperation was evident in his tone.

His father was taken aback by the sudden outburst and stuttered out a response. "I-I didn't-." He began but was quickly interrupted.

"Stop lying!" The boy's voice rose higher, displaying his frustration. "You're always saying things that aren't truthful! I know you said something to her!" Junior grasped tightly on the blanket on his shoulders. "Something that hurt her..."

The room fell silent, with both father and son lost in their thoughts.

Meanwhile, Bowser was grappling with his guilt and trying to find the right words to explain his actions. "Junior, I know it must hurt, but soon enough, Princess Peach will take her place, and all will be right again!" He tried cheering him up, but it failed miserably.

"You sound like an overplayed melody. It sounded great in the beginning, but now," The boy looked straight into his father's eyes and frowned. "I'm tired of hearing it..."

"Son..."

Junior loosened Bowser's grip on his shoulder, turned from him, and ran away.

He didn't want to push it and decided to give him space in the meantime.

"Sire..?" Kamek appeared behind Bowser, making him slightly jump in surprise. "Is it true? Why did (F/n) leave?" The magician asked with a puzzled look on his face.

Bowser turned away and paced forward in the direction of his room.

"You acknowledged that she was doing an outstanding job-?"

Bowser's eyes narrowed, and he spun around to face Kamek. "That's none of your business! Now's not the time for trivial talk!" The man barked.

Kamek fell silent, but Bowser continued, "Besides, I did her a favor. She was not meant to be around with the likes of us." He paused, exhaling deeply. "I did her a favor by sending her away. She's better off with her kind, where she belongs."

Bowser's harsh words took aback the magician. He had never seen his master so agitated before. Wondering what could have happened to make him act this way and treat someone who was doing an excellent job so poorly.

"Just know you were right, Kamek..." Is the last thing the Koopa King said before walking away from the conversation and locking himself in his room for the rest of the day.

Within time, he eventually told Kamek what happened between you two, which the magician didn't have any further questioning afterward.

As a few days passed, Bowser eventually got over the ordeal.

Or, so he thought...

Present Time

Bowser sits at the grand piano, his large claws delicately resting on the ivory keys. His eyes stare blankly ahead, playing a hauntingly slow melody.

The notes lack any sense of feeling or emotion, as if the music is being played purely out of habit.

The sound echoes through the room, filling the space with a somber atmosphere that matches Bowser's expressionless face.

A puff of smoke appears at the bottom of the stairs that led to the piano, and Kamek emerges from it. "Sire,"

Bowser sighs deeply. "What?"

"A report from our intelligence." He begins, hesitating to give the information. "A pair of mustachioed brothers arrived at the Mushroom Kingdom alongside..." Kamek gulps. "(F/n)..."

The man stops playing; a dead silence echoes after the last key.

"The princess trained one of them and won over the Kong army..!"

A deep growl emulates from Bowser. "Those brothers, or more like the one that Peaches decided to mentor, where did they come from?"

"We... aren't sure."

"Does the princess like him?"

The question slightly threw off Kamek. "Sire, look in the mirror! You have nothing to worry about!"

"I know." He states. "I'm not threatened." The keys are smashed hard, creating a scary sound that lingers for a few seconds before fading into the void.

Kamek steps back upon impact.

Bowser stands up and slams a fist on the instrument, surprisingly not leaving a single dent. "Find out who he is and what they're planning!" He yells, slamming it again.

The magician bows. "I'm on it, sire!" He vanishes quickly, leaving Bowser to his lonesome.

He sits down again and rubs his temples. "What a pain..."

The mention of your name seemed to impact the Koopa King more than the statement of these random brothers that materialized out of nowhere.

His claws graze the large instrument, and suddenly, a drop of water falls off his face and vaporizes after falling down into the boiling lava below. "Huh?" Bowser touches his face and witnesses a phenomenon after a long decade.

A single tear escaped his left eye, and no more after that.

Leaving the man in utter confusion.

If an alliance forms, this will be more difficult than I initially thought...

...

I'll have to act quicker than anticipated.

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')