→ 50k One-Shot Special! ←

A Princess And The Frog AU

❌ Not Canon To The Current Story! ❌

❤️️ Thank you all so much for over 50k reads and counting! ❤️️

ღ Enjoy~! ღ

"The king's gone missing!" The screeching voice of the king's right-hand man, Kamek, echoes through the castle. 

What am I going to do?!

I can't find him anywhere! 

This isn't good..!

"Kamek?" A small, frial voice counters Kamek's. Not looking down by far, the king's youngest son, Junior, appears behind him. "Where's my papa?" He asks softly. 

Being only seven years old at this time, the boy picked up possible danger and distress reasonably quickly. Most likely inheriting it from his father. 

"Young master..." Kamek says his nerves conflicted about whether he should worry more or be revealed at the sight of the king's child, who was safe and sound, which the monarch cherished more than anything. He picks him up in his arms and tries to calm down. "You don't know either..." 

Junior looks at Kamek, confused. 

"Don't worry! I'll find him in no time!" he confidently tells the boy, trying to rock him to sleep but to no avail. Kamek sighs in defeat and takes Junior with him. 

They travel to his magic room to see if anything would help locate the king. "What a terrible time for this," Kamek mumbles, setting the child down on a chair specifically for Junior. "He has an important meeting with the neighboring kingdom's monarch and goes missing before then; what a pain..." He shuffles through the shelves filled with potions and books, not fully paying attention to Junior, who's now halfway down the chair, and exits the room. "Seriously, this is important to-." Kamek turns back around to see the boy gone and out of sight. 

Oh, cuss...

Junior exits the castle and avoids all guards and lingering castle staff, going to the place he's always wanted to explore. 

The castle gardens.

He encounters the fountain in the center of the exciting beauty of the flora surrounding it. "Papa?" the child questions aloud, wandering and searching through the plants and flowers until he bumps into something that blocks his way, causing him to stumble back and fall to the ground. 

It's a delayed reaction, but he starts crying right there on the spot. 

"Oh, please don't cry!" A comforting voice speaks to the sad child. "It's okay!"

Junior stops, looking up with tear-filled eyes, and sees a person—not just any person, but a girl. To top it all off, she's wearing a beautiful dress. 

Almost like she's a... 

"I'm Princess (F/n)! What's your name?" You crouch down, offering a hand up to the boy. 

He sniffles and takes your hand. "Junior, Bowser Jr..." 

"Bowser? Junior?" You repeat his words. "You're the king's son..." You smile brightly. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" You question worryingly. 

"No, but my papa's gone, and I can't find him anywhere!" He starts crying again louder than before, realizing the weight of his worry. 

"Don't cry, baby! It's going to be alright!" You pull him into your arms and carry him. "I'll help you find your dad, okay?" You coo softly as the child calms down.