[21] A Brief Pause

A powerful wave of energy floods through your entire being, starting from the top of your head and cascading down to the tips of your toes. "I... um... all right..." You say, almost losing your balance on the first step.

Bowser reacts quickly and reaches out to grab your shoulder. His grip is firm but not aggressive, as he pulls you back gently. "You're not going to pass out again, are you?"

You shake your head, trying to keep your composure in check. "Tempting to say the least..." You mumble quietly to yourself.

"Follow me."

You obediently trail behind him, beginning to feel the weight of the impending event reaching you.

Am I going to massage the Koopa King in his private quarters?!

But I did promise I'd behave...

As you are lost in your thoughts, Bowser stops midway, making you bump into him.

"Hm?"

"You don't have to walk behind me." He turns to face you directly. "Walk next to me if you want. I won't treat you like the rest..."

"O-okay..." You stand beside the man before he resumes walking with you, matching your pace.

You were reminded when you first started walking next to Peach when she mentioned it. You didn't think anything of it until the two pointed it out. Maybe it was already in your system to trail behind monarchs like you weren't at their level enough to do so, although they thought differently.

If there was one thing Bowser and Peach had in common, it was that they thought everyone was equal, no matter the royal status.

To an extent, with few exceptions.

While doing so, you feel ten feet tall.

Or at least the same height as Bowser.

And before either of you two knew it, you two arrived in front of his bedroom door.

You gulp down a forming lump in your throat.

"Don't judge my room, okay?" Bower mentions, a hand on the doorknob, ready to open it.

"No judgment from me!" You state proudly.

He slowly turns the handle, pushing open the door, and steps into the room.

The high ceiling with designs and a chandelier hanging from above. The walls are adorned with paintings and tapestries, adding to the atmosphere. The large four-poster bed in the center of the room was draped in fabrics and fluffy pillows, inviting anyone who saw it to sink into its softness. Every piece of furniture in the room, from the elegant dressing table to the ornate armchairs, was carefully chosen to ooze a sense of luxury and comfort.

This was indeed a bedroom fit for a king.

Judge?

Judge what?!

This place is amazing!

You point to the bed. "If you want to do this, we must do it properly. And that requires you to lay on your stomach on the bed with no cape for easy access."

"Easy access..?"

You realize your phrasing of the words and facepalm. "I mean-! Um..." You fidget with your words. "You know what I mean!" You dismiss his questioning and pat the bed. "Come on, the sooner, the more you'll feel better~."

"Shut up..." He mumbles, undoing the gold chain rope that held his cape together.

Your smile widens further. "I've learned that you are telling me to 'shut up' or 'be quiet' is you saying 'stop making me blush'." You mention teasingly, standing up on your tip toes to make yourself slightly taller.

"You don't intimidate me." He says, turning away to avoid your burning eyes.

You fall back down and point at him. "Ha! See?!"

"Just be quiet and do what you promised..." With a sigh, he does as told.

He gracefully removes the cape from his shoulders, allowing it to slide down to his elbows before finally taking it off and placing it on a hanging rack fixed to the wall. Bowser moves, settling into the bed, his massive frame almost engulfing the entire sleeping surface.

You take a deep breath, roll your sleeves, and prepare to work. First, by moving his tail aside, then opening up the bottle, drizzling a little in one hand, then the other. Rubbing them together, your hands got near the man's skin yet hesitated.

You touched him before; what was the problem now?

That was the point.

There was no problem.

It was just a sudden nervousness that you decided to pop out now.

You push through it and place your oily hands on his shoulders. Lightly starting, then eventually working your way down, using your thumbs to your advantage on the hard parts. Where the tension from the past days or even weeks resided. From the top of his shoulders to the blades and down to his lower torso.

Making sure no area went unmassaged.

As you did so, no words were exchanged, but your hands did all the talking.

The room was relatively quiet. It made you wonder how peacefully Bowser slept at night or how he couldn't if the silence was too much.

An idea pops into your head.

Not knowing it would be okay, but you went through with it anyway. "Listen, I haven't had a chance to tell you this with everything that's occurred," You pause for a brief second, collecting your choice of words. "But thank you. You had no reason to take in a random stranger from a rivaling kingdom, but you did. You took pity on me like the weirdo in the bundle. Whether it was pity or just curiosity, it's crazy to think that I'm here with you..." Your hands began moving slowly but softly. "What started as a fantasy has turned into a reality. And that I have you to thank for that and possibly someone else. For that, I-."

A snore erupts from the man.

"What the-?" You peek at where his face is on a pillow and revealed to see that he fell asleep!

Truth be told, he did minutes into the session and went unnoticed.

It was just that relaxing.

Instead of being mad or embarrassed, you smile, happy your promise was fulfilled.

You wipe off whatever you can with a cloth off your hands and Bowser afterward. You threw a blanket over him and turned off the lights as you left the room. "Rest while you can, Koopa King..."

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')