[9] A New Mama?!

Human! Bowser and Bowser Jr. fanart above by munchboxart on Tumblr. Please go check them out! :3

Junior hesitates for a moment before firmly shaking your hand. As soon as he does, his eyes light up. A sense of familiarity is conveyed through the physical contact. "Are you my new mama by any chance?!" 

The child bears a striking resemblance to his father, although much smaller in stature. Nevertheless, he is undeniably adorable.

"Oh, honey... no..." The mere thought of marrying Bowser to be recognized as Junior's mother makes you blush. "I'm just an extra help for your father. But it would be so much fun to be your mama!"

He lets go of your hand and stares at the ground. "Oh, sorry for assuming... It's just been so long..." He tells sadly. 

You observe his conduct when he learned that Bowser was not present. You ponder whether he misses his father, needs someone to play with, or both. You did not want to defy Bowser's instructions, especially after starting off on the wrong foot. However, you felt the urge to aid Junior in any way possible. "If you don't mind, I can keep you company until he returns." You suggest sweetly, trying to sound as genuine as possible. 

"Really?!" He clamors joyfully, lightening up his mood. 

"Of course, I'll play with you!" 

"Hey, wait a minute." One of the guards stepped in and stopped you two. "Who says you can leave (F/n)? The king strictly told you to stay here and for us to keep it that way until he comes back."

"Please let her!" Junior begs. "I won't tell papa, I promise!" The boy clings to the guard.

"We can't. We'll be reprimanded, and (F/n) will get in trouble in the process."

"It's okay! If papa says anything, I'll take the blame! I'll even risk getting grounded! Please let her! It won't take forever!" Junior continues to implore, on the brink of a tantrum.

The pleading from the child became too overwhelming for the guards, who caved in. "Thirty minutes and return her. Or we'll be ritually sacrificed in boiling lava."

"Got it!" You pause. "Wait, what-?"

"Come on, let's go!" Junior takes hold of your arm and guides you out of the room, leading you through the castle halls to where he wants to go."The playroom is down over on the right!"

You walk alongside him, matching his pace instead of being dragged along. Upon reaching the room, it's evident that it's a complete mess. Nevertheless, it brings back fond childhood memories, filling you with childlike joy. "This is where you play?"

"Yeah, isn't it amazing?! I play here when waiting for my papa, or if I don't feel like going outside."

"You don't say..." You survey the room before making your way toward the window; you cannot help but feel uneasy about the world outside. All you can see is stone, lava, and fire, making you question whether this is a safe environment for raising a child. However, you remind yourself that it is not your place to determine what is right or wrong. If Junior has survived this long with his delusional father, he's resilient enough to overcome any obstacles.

Regardless, the Dark Lands stand out as menacing. While other areas pose their threats, Bowser is, without a doubt, the most powerful and dangerous. It makes you wonder if even larger and more powerful forces are lurking.

As you contemplate these thoughts, you feel a tug at your dress. Turning around, you see that Junior has fashioned a makeshift crown.

"Here." He hands it to you. "We're going to roleplay!" He goes to the other side of the room to his toy chest, pulls out a red cape, and puts it on.