[29] Celebration Creation

Human! Bowser Jr. fanart above by munchboxart on Tumblr. Please go check them out! :3

Anyone you asked for help to finish setting up did so happily the day of the party. 

To have mercy on yourself and everyone attending, you set the start time past noon. 

Surprisingly, lots of neighboring kingdoms' citizens who are on decent terms with Bowser were moved by your invitations and secured they'd be there. 

You mainly wanted kids Junior's age to try and see if he can make friends like Bowser contradicted before to prove him wrong. 

And as much as you wanted to invite Peach and the Toads, you strained from the idea and saved it for a better time. 

Subjects from the Spooky Woods and Bomb Island attended while their leaders stayed behind due to lukewarm tension between the three monarchs. 

You didn't want to force anything. 

The food and cake were set up; decorations were put up days beforehand. The band was ready, and the activities were prepared. You felt proud of what you had been able to put together in less than a week. 

Although you didn't know when or if your proposed reward would ever come, you were ready to wait for as long as it took. 

Your present was the first to be placed on the gift table, and you couldn't wait until Junior opened it later. 

I hope he still remembers it...

A large hand rests on your shoulder, snapping you out of your thoughts. You turn to see Bowser.

"Are you all right?" He asks. 

You smile and nod. "Of course! Just wondering if I got everything in order."

"I'm certain you did a great job. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask us." The man assures you there is no need to worry.

"Thanks." You say, taking a deep breath. "You can tell Kamek to call everyone in while you fetch Junior."

The man nods and does as told. 

A few minutes pass before the doors of the grand ballroom open and reveal a giant swarm of people entering at once. It felt like you could be washed away if you let yourself be swept away. 

You guided the groups to their tables and sat them in an orderly. 

As you do so, Bowser arrives with Junior, who is adorned in a regal outfit, befitting his status as the prince of the Koopa Kingdom. 

The boy's eyes light up like a million stars when he sees how many people showed up. 

Bowser walks behind him. He eyes you down, gesturing to you that it is your turn to continue. 

You nod and get everyone's attention. They all settle down. All eyes were placed upon you. "Welcome, everyone!" You announce. "Thank you all for coming to this wonderful occasion for the dear prince of the Dark Lands, Bowser Junior!" You cheer, making the audience clap. 

Junior laughs heartedly. "That's right! Bow before me, peasants!" The record scratches, eyes now on the birthday boy. 

Bowser rolls his eyes and lightly pushes him forward. Saying a lot without uttering a word, a simple eyebrow raised. 

"Uh, I mean, let's enjoy this day together!"

The applause returns, and you retake the center. "We'll eat first, play a few games before cutting the cake and then opening gifts!" You explain joyfully, making the crowd excited. "We'll call out table numbers one at a time and go from there." You excuse yourself and go over to Bowser and Junior. "Hi, kiddo! You look amazing! Where did you get that outfit from?"