[50] Daddy's Home

"Don't worry, sire! I'll patch you up, and everything will be okay!" Kamek encourages Bowser not to lose hope, especially with well-being on the line.

As he flies on his broom through the long, empty hallways, Junior materializes from one of the rooms on the side, making Kamek abruptly halt during this rush, almost colliding with the boy if he didn't stop in time. "Young master..." The magician says while still carrying his father's remains.

"Kamek, what happened with the wedding?"

"The wedding was canceled shortly after (F/n) arrived and made a deal with your father."

The child's face lit up upon hearing that news. "Really?!" He questions joyfully, almost jumping off and on the floor. "Is he marrying (F/n) instead?!"

If Bowser had his body, his eyes would pop out of his sockets when he witnessed his son's reaction.

"I'm afraid not, and even if you wanted to, I'm not sure he'd be able to in the state he's in right now..." Kamek points out, looking down at Bowser.

Junior looks to where Kamek's eyes rest and puts the pieces together. He takes a closer look, and his eyes widen. "Papa?!" He questions loudly in disbelief.

"Don't freak out, son. It's only a scratch-."

Junior backs up and falls backward on the floor, passing out on the spot from the shock.

"Oh, dear..." Kamek voices, moving and hovering over Junior's unconscious body.

"Let's take him with us; I'll explain everything once he wakes up," Bowser orders.

"Yes, sire." While holding his skeleton, he uses the other arm to wave his wand and carefully lift the boy, carrying him along, taking both father and son to his magic room, where he keeps his spell books, potions, and other magical items.

A large cauldron stands in the middle of the room, boiling a strange liquid already.

Kamek carefully lies Junior down on a nearby sofa.

Approaching the cauldron, he peers into its murky contents. With a swift glance at the rows of glass bottles lining the shelf, he deftly selects a handful and carries them over to another table.

The liquids inside each bottle are of varying colors and textures, some thick and dense, others thin and runny. With a steady hand, Kamek carefully pours unequal amounts of each potion into the cauldron, watching the colors mix. Then, he picks up a long wooden spoon and stirs the concoction in a specific pattern.

Bowser's gaze remains fixed on the magician's every move as he conjures up his magic.

Kamek's demeanor appears composed and collected, but beneath the surface, he's as nervous as his master, wondering whether he will be able to execute his trick flawlessly.

The cauldron sizzles and boils, emitting a flurry of sparkling bubbles that continue to dance around each other. Gradually, the colors blend together, forming a unified hue, signaling the magician succeeded in his craft.

He grins brightly at his work as a pot boils with the mysterious liquid. "Yes!" He exclaims joyfully, then quickly goes over to the table and gathers Bowser's skeleton, his head on top of the pile. He lifts the Koopa King in the air, making his eyes look at him through his glasses. "Sire, for this to work, you need to have a reason why you should have your body back.

"What do you mean?"

"It sounds strange, but the potion needs to be persuaded on why you're worthy of being restored. Not something you already have. Not the kingdom, not your people, nor your family." Kamek's tone turns serious. "It wants something greater, perhaps someone..." The magician says a lot without speaking over his bounds; his words linger, and Bowser slowly realizes what he means. "Do you understand?"