[51] (F/n) Is In Another Castle!

You awaken to a swaying motion, not by a person but by something. The surface beneath you is freezing cold. As your senses return, you discover you're trapped inside a cage similar to the one that held you captive when you first met Bowser.

Bowser...

Your chest tightens with an unbearable pain, recalling the events that led to his end. A part of you was ripped away, leaving a gaping hole in your heart. You wrestle with the idea this is all a dream, a figment of your imagination that'll vanish upon waking. Your eyes are heavy, and your face is stained with tears that have long since dried up, leaving you drained. 

The sight of the Koopa King's demise left you emotionally exhausted, unable to find the strength to sob again.

What you fail to notice when you wake up is the cage is suspended high above the ground. You could easily fall into the bottomless hole beneath you if you're not careful. The place appears to be an abandoned castle, much bigger than the one not too far from the main castle in the Dark Lands.

"Awake, are you?" A voice calls out from below. It's Aoi's voice, loud and clear. 

You glance down and see him. Wanting to reach out and tear him apart. "You got a lot of nerve after what you did!" You yell, holding onto the steel bars for support.

He laughs loudly. "Let me guess, you were in love with my brother, right?"

You inhale sharply, not holding back anymore. "Yes, and what of it?"

"I don't know how he did it, my deceased sister-in-law, and now you? The only person who couldn't make them fall for him was Princess Peach," Aoi says, walking around in circles. "Ironic, if you ask me."

"Well, I'm not going to fall into despair and hand over the star. And if you expect me to, you're even dumber than you look," You harshly state.

"I look exactly like my brother but with blue hair; what are you talking about?" He questions in a taunting manner. "Or, should I say, he looked like me."

You spit at him, and it falls, splattering at Aoi's feet. "Piss off, you're not winning this fight."

He only looks up and smirks. "Perhaps. But I know that someone will have to come to save you. And I'll be waiting; maybe then you'll reconsider," Aoi says in a threatening tone, glancing back and glaring at you.

You don't react, and as he fades from view, you gasp for air.

What a menacing presence...

And if I had to be threatened, I prefer it to have been Bowser...

The image of his passing crawls back into your brain. "Bowser..." You sigh heavily, regaining liquid, and tears fall from your face once more.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

Kamek hands the Koopa King a letter. "No signs from the other kingdoms, sire." The magician says, his voice low. Another letter confirming neither Aoi nor you are present in any of their domains.

Bowser's face twists into a scowl as he snatches the papers from Kamek's hand. Tearing them into pieces and throwing them on the floor. "This is leading us nowhere!" He roars, stomping to the other side of the room.

"Sire," Kamek speaks, gently approaching Bowser. "We will hear something soon. You need to be patient."

Bowser shakes his head in frustration, banging it against the wall. "But..." He mutters, his voice trailing off.

Shortly, the doors to the throne room flew open with a loud bang. The captain of the Koopa army, clad in blue shell armor, strode inside. "Sir!" He calls out. "We found it!"

The Koopa King's eyes lit up with excitement. "Really?" He asks eagerly, striding towards the captain.

"You're not going to like it, but it's better than having no information," He warns. "They're still here. In the Dark Lands..."

Bowser's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What?" He questions, his voice laced with disbelief.

"In the first castle ruins," The captain replies. "Not the one near here."

Bowser's eyes widen in surprise. "All the way out there?" He asks, his voice tinged with shock.

The captain nods gravely. "I'm afraid so. Our recent information confirms your brother has been residing there for quite some time now."

The man's face twists in anger. "How did I not notice it before, or any of you, for that matter?!" He demands, his voice rising in frustration.

"My apologies, sir... It went under the radar." The captain answers calmly. 

Bowser sighs deeply, trying to calm himself down. "Sneaky, slimy parasite," He mutters under his breath, rubbing his temples in an attempt to relax.

"I didn't want to act against your orders in case (F/n) might not be there," He explains. "But all evidence shows that she is." 

What a cruel twist of fate...

"For once, I'm not the bad guy..." Bowser expresses in a sad tone. Chuckling mirthlessly, a sense of disbelief and denial washing over him. 

Suddenly, a feeling of dread engulfs him.

Your capture was a result of his actions.

After realizing the gravity of this problem, Bowser's demeanor shifts. Becoming lost in thought, consumed by a deep sense of regret, taking time to reflect on his actions, fully aware of the consequences that may follow. 

(F/n)...

He thinks, walking to the silent opposite side of the room. 

Why am I like this for you? 

He closes his eyes and drifts into a state of escapism, contemplating why he is doing this and who it is all for.

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')