[12] In This Illusion

Why am I like this?

Bowser mentally scolds  himself, contemplating what is to come.

I never counted on another person to be part of my plans; why did I even say yes in the first place?

And why am I thinking about this after I accepted?

All because of what she said about the princess?

Ridiculous...

The man takes a deep breath and tries to straighten out his thoughts.

I'll say good night to the kids before thinking too hard...

Bowser begins saying good night to his Koopalings, starting with the oldest and working his way down to the youngest. He visits each of his seven children before finally arriving at his own son's room. Bowser crouches down to meet Junior's gaze, then gently tucks him into bed. "How was your day, Junior?" He asks the child, his question making him smile.

"It was great, papa! Especially with (F/n) around. She lightened up everybody's mood!" He wiggles around in his bed. "Are you sure she isn't going to be our new mama?"

Bowser rolls his eyes. "No, Junior. I've told you before, Princess Peach will be your mama, okay? It's just taking some time."

The boy frowns."How do you know for sure? You've been saying that for quite a while now. We're not getting any younger here, and neither are you." He brutally states.

Bowser chuckles the pain away. "I wish you kids would say something to make me feel better. I'm not that old anyway, and neither are you guys."

"Sorry..."

"It's all right." Bowser starts getting up until Junior grabs onto his cape, tugging at it.

"But please do think about it..." He pauses for a second. "There's nothing wrong with another person..." Junior reaches out his little hand to grab Bowser's, and the man returns the gesture.

"Junior, I don't know what the future holds, but I know everything will be okay." His grip tightens. "For you and I."

The child laughs softly, making Bowser tilt his head in confusion. "What's so funny?"

"Those are the same words (F/n) told me when she was with me earlier. Before you came in and interrupted our playdate."

Bowser's eyes widen slightly. "Is that right?" He lets go of the Junior's hand. Leaning in, he kisses his forehead. "Have a good night. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay, papa. Night!"

He closes the door to the last room quietly and sighs.

I should go to bed, too...

He let out a groan and made his way to his private quarters located on the floor above. As he enters, the massive main bedroom greets him, and he hangs up his cape before heading to bed. Collapsing onto it, he stares aimlessly at the high ceiling, consumed by his thoughts.

Recapping everything that had occurred today.

The recollection of your arrival, striking a deal, and engaging in playful banter with Junior and the Koopalings, along with the penguins' loss of their star, remains vivid.

Your recent conversation with him and his son brought a sense of choice, particularly with a woman's company after such a long time. He finds himself constantly replaying your words and how his children were inexplicably drawn to you despite barely knowing you.

Could she possibly..?

He shook his head, cleaning away his mind.

No!

Don't even think about that absurd possibility of (F/n) replacing Peaches!

She's only here to help once Peach and the Mushroom Kingdom mine.

All mine...

"Remember to take it easy every once in a while. Regardless of your royal status, your highness."

(F/n), what and who exactly are you?

He thought something important suddenly popped into his head while he drifted to sleep.

Crap, I almost forgot!

Bowser summons Kamek to his room, which he responds to very quickly.

"Yes, sire?"

"Kamek, can you get a few things and send them to (F/n)'s room?" He asks.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

You sit on the bed, preparing to undress, until you hear a soft knock on your door. "Coming!" You call out, climbing out of bed and going to open the door. Upon opening it, you see no one until you glance down to see a wooden basket filled with items and a note attached.

'ℭ𝔬𝔫𝔤𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔲𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔬𝔫 𝔪𝔞𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔦𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔡𝔞𝔶.

-𝔉𝔯𝔬𝔪: 𝔅𝔬𝔴𝔰𝔢𝔯'

You quickly take the basket and shut the door. Letting out a little squeal, you look through the basket and see items you failed to bring with you, but you are glad you received them now before you had to ask.

Personal hygiene stuff, along with a pair of pajamas.

Don't worry; I'll try to make it through more days to come.

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')