[31] King Of The Ghosts

You feel as if you're way above the ground. Floating in an eternal abyss, wondering when you'd be put down.

"Wake up, girl..." A lingering voice calls out to you.

You slowly open your eyes and are met with dark amethyst orbs staring down at you. You flinch, startled by the sight that greeted you. You push them back, landing on your feet, and put up your fists. "Who are you, and what is this?!"

They chuckle, then let out a sigh. "That's right, you haven't officially met me yet." A dark cloud puffs in their direction, and a person steps into the frame.

A person who was mentioned before and you were not allowed to meet under any circumstances.

The dark-skinned man with white locks of hair. His face is illuminated by the intense glow of his eyes, which shimmer with a vivid purple hue. The floating crown resting atop his head. It hovers above him. Dressed in a sleek and stylish suit.

"King Boo..." You say, dropping your arms down.

The man pouts. "How did you know? I was going to give a proper introduction first."

You shrug. "Lucky guess? And, of course, the amount of stories and descriptions I've heard."

He folds his big arms. "Fair enough, but you, dear," He smiles eerily. "I've only seen you once before." The man states, circling you, observing you closely. "Yes, when you took your kids through the Spooky Woods. It was hard not to notice."

You chuckle nervously. "Well, they're not my kids-."

"They might as well be. You're taking care of them and everything. Even throwing them birthday parties..." He leans in, making you back up in the darkness.

"That's not it..."

"So, you're not the mother?"

"N-no..."

"Hm, what a shame, and here I was starting to think you were since you've taken on the role of one." He sighs. "But there's a certain step you have to take first if you want to do so, isn't there~?" The man teases, knowing precisely what he's insinuating. "Being a new monarch to the Dark Lands alongside the Koopa King sounds like a dream for you, right?"

You gulp. "I can't confirm or deny that statement..."

King Boo smirks. "I'll take that as a yes." Laughing to himself afterward.

The growl of your stomach brings the conversation to a halt.

"Are you hungry?" He questions, walking past you, making the room light up with the light it desperately needed by the candle chandelier above.

It was mainly just a type of storage area. It had bookshelves, a desk, vases, and a gothic decor that gave off a spooky atmosphere compared to Bowser's Castle.

"A little..." You admit.

The man comes back with a large bowl of fruit. "I have a snack then." Boo offers with a smile on his face.

You should be suspicious of him, yes. Considering the fact he kidnapped you from the inside. But you still take his kind gesture and take a blackberry within many from the pile. The flavor melts when you put it in your mouth and munch on it. "Wow, these are great!" You express happily.

The corners of his mouth rise. "I'm glad you think so. They're as delicious as they are effective."

You take another one. "What do you mean?"

"A little push to convince the Koopa King you're more than capable of becoming Queen of the Dark Lands." He avoids the question again.

"What..?"