[63] The Koopaling's Blessing

In your hands, you carry a wooden basket filled with various items. Gripping the handle tightly, you almost break it due to your nervousness. 

Bowser notices your tension as both of you stand before the door leading into the courtyard. He places a gentle hand on your shoulder, and you turn your head to see him with a soft smile that could melt away almost any problem that came your way. 

"It'll be okay." He reassures you. "You know they already like you. This is just a step further."

You gulp, feeling a little better and loosening your grip. "You're right," You say, then repeat it with a more upbeat attitude. "You're right! I got this!" You roll back your shoulders. Taking a deep breath before opening the door, you're ready to face the children and share what you brought. 

Bowser opens the door, and you two see the Koopalings playing a card game. 

Roy throws his deck of cards in the circle's center and exclaims, "No fair!" 

Iggy responds by throwing his cards in the air, making them scatter everywhere while shouting, "You snooze, you lose!" 

The Koopalings, including Junior, laugh heartily, enjoying themselves. 

Suddenly, Junior perks up his head, sensing two more presences entering. He turns towards the entrance and sees you and Bowser walking in. "Papa's back with (F/n)!" The boy exclaims happily and rushes towards you, which makes the rest follow him. 

"Hi, kiddos! It's always wonderful to see your smiling faces!" You greet them while setting down the basket.  

Bowser steps aside to let all of you group hug, with no doubt in his once troubled mind that his children would accept you fully into the family. "Koopalings," Bowser speaks up, quickly getting their attention. "(F/n) is here to tell you all something important." He motions his eyes to you to speak your turn. 

You nod and take a deep breath. "I'm sure you're all aware of my time here and what I provided during it, and needless to say, a lot has occurred. Things I would've never comprehended in my wildest dreams." 

The Koopalings listen intently, focused on your words and where you're going with this.

"One of those things, whether it was obvious or not between your father and me is that something blossomed." Pink dusts your cheeks, and your tongue gets twisted. "Something romantic..." 

The children's eyes widen as they try to understand the situation, and their shocked faces quickly switch to beaming facial features. It takes everything in their power not to freak out and let you continue. They huddle together, holding onto one another. 

"And now, we're officially a couple." You continue happily. 

Their excitement radiates from the inside out, and they are still trying to hold their emotions in until the time is right. 

"More on that later, but I come here to ask you all something important..."

They all nod, staring at you, and wait patiently. 

You bite your top lip and close your eyes. 

Bowser tilts his head in confusion, not knowing what else you have to say besides telling the children about the relationship. 

"I know I can never be like the woman before me..." Your voice breaks, and you clear it right after. "But I would like to be there for all of you when you need it the most and always." You smile, and the forming tears in your eyes fall down your cheeks. "I ask you all as one," You pause, looking individually at them, the last being Junior. "If I can have your blessings to be your mother..?"

It falls silent.

The Koopalings look at each other until the seven eldest look at Junior and nod, to which he returns the gesture and turns your way. 

"(F/n)," He begins, his face unfazed and serious. 

It's the first time you've seen him like this, and it makes you nervous. 

Then, his eyes, like his father's, instantly became glassy, and a big smile adorns his tiny face. "You have done so much in such a little time, and you have been with us since you stepped foot in the castle." He states, walking over to you and taking hold of your hands. 

You crouch down to meet his eyes. "We'd be more than happy to have you as our mama..!" 

Joy and relief wash over you, realizing you've been officially accepted into the Koopa family.

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')