Chapter 4: Dreams

I stared out into the mesmerizing view. The water glistened in reflection of the moon and the stars and the tides let out a calming sound, pleasing my ears. I had never felt more at peace as silence filled the air and all you could hear was the gentle crashing of the waves, a light breeze pushing strands of my hair back and cooling my face.

"Y/n-swan?"

The door creaks open behind me as I tear my gaze from the view and onto the blonde cook. "Sanji? What are you doing up?"

Everyone had been knocked out from all the booze and food and I had helped move them into their respective sleeping rooms since I wasn't tired.

Once Sanji was done rubbing his eye out of tiredness he caught a glimpse of me, along with the view behind me. Instantly, his eyes turned to hearts as he spun around once again. "Oh Y/n-swan you truly are a princess! The moon could not-"

I placed my hand over his mouth to stop him from yelling, not wanting to wake up the others, as I told him to be quiet.

He didn't expect my hand, but when he realized my hand was on his mouth he melted down, his knees seemingly getting weak. "Yes, Y/n-swan~"

A weird look took over my face as I watched his reaction before laughing and shaking my head, turning around to admire the view once more.

"What are you doing up, Y/n-swan? It's pretty late and when I woke up you were in there with us. Have you slept at all?" Sanji inquired as he stepped forward to my side to lean on the railing.

I shook my head with a smile, my eyes still on the water as I imagined what kind of fish were under us right now. "No, I don't know why, but I always have trouble sleeping. And anyways look at this view, Ive never seen anything quite like it! How could I sleep after looking at this?"

His head tilted as his hair moved with it, slightly showing his other eye. "What do you mean? You've never seen the ocean?"

I chuckled while shaking my head, my eyes now focused on the railing in front of us as my fingers delicately traced the wood. "No, I've seen the ocean, but never at night."

My gaze shifts from the wood and onto Sanji who was staring at me intently. His greyish-blue eyes filled with interest and curiosity allowing me to see that I had his full attention.

I ignored the warm feeling in my chest as I passed it off as appreciation while smiling at him. "Besides going to Reverie with my father, I never left Sinthaya. And even then when we sailed to and from Reverie it was always day time."

Looking back at the sea, my smile softens. Ive never seen the sea at its most calmest hour.

"Who knew the moon and the sea could compliment each other so well, right Sanji?" I turn to look at him but when I do he's not in my line of sight. I look around in confusion only to find him on the floor kneeling, trying to get rid of his nosebleed.

Sanji rolls on the ground ranting something about marriage and finally finding his soulmate? I don't know.

"Oi! Im trying to sleep! Shut your mouth pervy cook!"

I perk up at the sound of a new voice as my attention lands on the half awake green haired boy. "Zoro!"

"That goes for you too, princess. Shut up and let me sleep." He spoke the label with a mocking tone before turning around irritated and going back into the room where he was sleeping.

This definitely brought Sanji out of his lovesick mode as he started mumbling curses and lighting another cigarette in irritation.

I smiled slightly at the interaction before turning to the view once more.