Chapter 69: Kuma the Warlord

heh funny number. 

on a more serious note, i will be tweaking the story  justttttt a little bit in the sense that you'll read a part and then be like "thats not accurate because in the anime/manga he wasnt...." so shhhh trust the process and rely on the amazing logic that is fanfiction so that I am able to get more interactions in. the change wont affect anything important, but it is necessary for you to have more interactions with different characters so bear with me here! 

-----------------

Rayleigh's appearance had sparked up some hope that we would all be able to get away, but we were so terribly wrong. We had underestimated our enemy due to the overwhelming comfort and relief that had flushed through our bodies the second that Zoro was saved from the death serving kick. 

Chopper's roars, damage, destruction, screams: they all filled the air like water in a pitcher, suffocating and drowning any hope I had of surviving this. My eyes didn't know what to focus on nor did it like looking at the scenes visible to me. Beyond the dirt and dust that had been exploded into the once clean and calming atmosphere were my crew-mates, each and every one of them, in a horrible spot. 

My captain, the man who we depend on to look up to and lead us was laying on the ground after being sent flying by Sentomaru. If Luffy couldn't stand a chance, how could any of us? 

The other two members of the monster trio weren't in a better place: Sanji being held up by his throat as PX-1 sends a beam straight to his face and Zoro on the ground trying to find his breath and the strength in his body to get up. 

Everyone else was in a state of panic. It seemed like every single one of my senses were heightened yet somehow dulled at the same time. This was worse than what had happened on Thriller Bark. This had felt like we were weak and useless. The outcome inevitable and our fate sealed no matter how hard we tried to struggle. 

I was foolish to want this fight. I was foolish to think we could've stood a chance. 

And just as I thought things couldn't get worse, the real Warlord from before appeared in front of Zoro. Anyone could tell he was the real deal. If it wasn't for the gloves on his hands or the bible held close to him then it was definitely the energy and power that emanated from him. 

A chill runs down my spine as my posture straightens and I can feel my body start to shake, my breath quickening as the Warlord takes one of his gloves off and speaks something incoherent to Zoro. I can see Usopp reach out to him and then, with the swipe of the Warlord's hand, Zoro is gone. 

Zoro is gone. 

My heart skips a beat and I no longer have the will power to ignore the pain in my body as my knees locks in on itself and my body collapses with it. I can hear the muffled sound of Robin calling my name, but nothing really mattered to me at the moment. My eyes were glued on the space that Zoro once occupied. 

Yelling. 

Yelling. 

Yelling. 

Everyone was yelling. 

What is happening? 

My chest was heavy and it had felt like I had rope around my neck. Dirt took shelter under my fingernails as I clawed onto the ground, desperate for something tangible to cling onto. There felt as if there wasn't enough oxygen in the air as hot water began to form in my eyes making the horrible vision of Usopp furiously yelling at the Warlord blurry. 

Help. 

Like a bunch of heavy weights, my body refused to move. It didn't move when the Warlord erased PX-1 like it did to Zoro. It didn't move when Luffy yelled at all of us to run, his voice not even reaching my subconsciousness. It didn't even move when Brook was erased next