Chapter 54: Game Plan

"Generally speaking there are two things we need to get back," Usopp held two fingers up after surviving Sanji's wrath.

"Our food, Nami, and our shadows, right?" Luffy counted his fingers off before holding up three fingers to Usopp, "That's three things."

"Wow," The sniper sweatdropped at his captains priorities, "I wasn't expecting you to rank them in that order. Anyways, let me fill you in on the Nami situation."

~•~

"M-marriage?! I won't allow it!" Sanji got so riled up that his body set on fire as he punched the sky, huffing and puffing.

Meanwhile Luffy held an insulting amount of surprise to the news but for a different reason, "He's got guts marrying Nami...and there's a giant version of me?! Is that how you make a zombie?!"

I sweatdropped at the question as I placed my hand on his shoulder while shaking my head, "No Luffy."

Luffy pouts off to the side in disappointment as Zoro looked to Usopp to make sure he understood the situation, "So you've already found Luffy's and the cook's zombies, Usopp?

Usopp nodded with crocodile tears in his eyes next to Chopper who also had crocodile tears falling out of his eyes.

The green haired swordsman turned to me and nodded his head at me, "Hey, what about you?"

Usopp seemed to snap out of his sulking as his face lit up in realization before turning to me, "Oh yeah, now that I look closer you still have your shadow."

I look down before covering it up with a slight smile as my eyes dart to the side, "They said they were going to turn me into the government instead since on my wanted poster it says only 'alive'."

The others seemed to nod at my explanation, but before anyone could say anything else Luffy took once glance at me and decided to change the topic, "Wait if our zombies act exactly like us then I saw your zombie, Zoro."

"What was he like?"

"No different from you," The Strawhat captain seemed to think hard for a second before waving his hand with an absentminded grin, "I knew he wasn't you since he was wearing sandals."

Zoro gave Luffy a weird side eye as he just went along with his captains words, "Sure...anyways, we just need to get Luffy's and Sanji's shadow back. We'll be able to get them back if we throw salt in their mouth right?"

Once Franky and Robin confirmed the question, Sanji blew a puff out of his cigarette tapping it to get the burnt ashes off, "Still, I'm surprised you managed to find such an important weakness."

"We can thank that bag of bones. He filled us in when we ran into him."

Luffy perked up at Franky's words, "Really?! You saw Brook?!"

Everyone seemed to subconsciously gather around Franky as he sat on a bench attached to the main mast, "Yeah, and I asked him a stupid question when I did. See when I first saw him I completely denied his existence, but when I talked to him back then I found he has an iron backbone. He's a real man!"

Silence filled the air as a cold wind blew through the atmosphere. A chill of anticipation ran down our spine as we waited to hear the rest of the story.

"I had to ask him what he promised his crewmates," Franky started, taking a moment to pause because he's dramatic like that, "And he told me about an old crewmate he left at the enterance of the Grand Line named Laboon."

"Laboon..." Based off the way Luffy spoke the name, he knew who Brook was talking about. In fact everyone before our journey to Alabasta—except Chopper—seemed to know.