Chapter 36: Monkey D. Luffy

"Gumo Gumo No Whip!"

My ears perked up at the familiar move spoken by a delightful voice as I instantly smiled. I popped my head up from the roof I was hiding in to see my captain defeating some marines, "Luffy!"

Luffy jumped at my voice, but looked around idiotically not knowing where I was, "Eh?! Y/n?! Did they make you invisible?!"

.

.

.

This is my captain?

I sighed and jumped off the roof, landing next to him, "I'm right here!"

He whipped around and stared at me for a second before grinning wildly at me and clobbering me in a hug, "Y/n!!"

I had to catch myself before we both went tumbling down as he jumped on me and held me tightly. I couldn't help but smile and let out a soft chuckle, "Hi, Luffy."

When he finally got off—when I pried him off—he smiled with his fists on his hips, "Man, I thought we were losing you too!"

I shook my head, "Nope! There were just some complications..." I still felt anxious that Lucci was on his way right now but if he's a smart man he'll stay with Robin.

"Don't worry!" The strawhat boy clenched his fist, "Im gonna beat all their asses and we'll go home! With Robin and everyone else!"

I smiled softly at his determination and resolve, knowing he had no intention of losing at all, "Right."

"Now then...back to what I was doing..." He went back to wreaking havoc on the marines that tried to stop as I backed him up even though he didn't need it...like at all.

~•~

I have no clue how he did it, but Luffy led us straight to a cliff—no where to go—surrounded by marines and their lovely guns.

"What are we supposed to do now, Luffy?!" I asked aggravated, mumbling on how Zoro couldn't mess up this bad.

Luffy looked around nervously, trying to search for an escape root before he fell off balance and grabbed me with him.

I basically bungee jumped off the cliff since Luffy held my shirt and his arm stretched up and down due to my weight. It didn't help that he was trying to avoid the marines from stepping on his hands so while I was bouncing up and down, he was moving side to side and rather quickly might I add.

"Luffy! Please!" I had to cover my mouth with one hand and then hold on tight to his worst with my other one, "I'm going to barf!"

"This is kinda like a fun game!" The boy just chuckled in response, in his own little world.

A crackle was heard and my eyes widened at what I saw. The whole part of the cliff was going down as the marines that were stomping hard in hopes of making us fall of the edge were now in the same predicament we were.

On the other hand, Luffy took this time to exclaim that he was lucky and ended up taking advantage of the situation, stepping on some marines to get back on safe ground as he dragged me along.

Even when we did get back on safe ground, there were still a handful of marines left. I quickly ducked behind Luffy, even though his body was smaller than mine width wise, and tried not to get shot.

"Huh? Y/n?" Luffy looked over his shoulder cluelessly, "Why are you hiding? Are you that scared?"

My eye twitched and I immediately smacked him on the head before dodging a bullet that would've gone straight into my forehead, "Might I remind you that you are the only bullet proof one here, Luffy?!"