Chapter 51: Haunted Mansion

"But man, those were some spineless zombies."

Franky agreed with Luffy as he stretched his arm out, "Yeah that didn't even count as a warm up."

I sweatdropped at the two as I walked in between them. I shot a weird look at both of them as I secretly marveled at their overwhelming strength, "No, you guys are just not human."

They both looked at me with a blank stare and a tilt of the head making me shake my head at the two before speeding up to match Zoro's pace. I walked next to him and he seemed to give me a slight nod in acknowledgment before talking to Luffy and Franky, "Don't let your guard down, we don't know what'll turn around the next corner and attack us."

"What's this?" Sanji raised his eyebrow at Zoro in a patronizing way as he seemed more irritated than usual, "Starting to chicken out, Swordsuss?"

"Shut up you, stupid cook! Don't lump me in with you!"

"What'd you say, you disorientated mosshead?!"

"You heard me swirly brow!"

"Okay guys..." I laughed nervously as they got up in each others faces angrily except I was in the middle of them so it was just a really awkward position for me. I had to push them away by their chests to stop them from trampling over me.

"Please hold up!" A weak, tired voice called out to us from behind and when we turned a round a lantern's light emerged from the darkness, "I saw what you did! You're terribly strong aren't you!? Can you hear me out for a second?!"

Luffy looked at him concerned once the man's wrinkly skin became evident along with the dirt on his clothes, skin, and fingernails. The old man had bandages wrapped around him and to be honest he seemed like the zombies we had beat up before, "A terribly injured man!"

"We told you already, that's a zombie!"

"No!" The old man denied the others claims as he put his hand up, "Im a terribly injured man!"

The three guys got irritated as they yelled and pointed at him in unison, "That's confusing! Just pass yourself off as a zombie!"

"Anyways, what did you want to talk about?" Luffy took a step toward the old man with a blank expression.

"There's a man I want you to defeat."

I raised my eyebrow as I listened to him ask Luffy to defeat this 'man' who supposedly has created multiple victims.

What in the side quest?

The mention of him getting his shadow back made me nod in realization as I braced myself for the fight to come.

Ah, so this 'man' must be the one who stole Brook's shadow.

"Your shadow...woah! It's true!" Luffy took a couple steps closer as he looked closely at the ground where the light was shining only to notice the lack of a shadow, "Gramps...you don't have a shadow...you're just like Brook!"

"So who's the one who stole it?" Sanji asked as he looked down at the man who had gotten down on his knees to beg.

Their nails dog into the dirt as they hold a frightened stare. It looked as if there was a frog stuck in his throat and it didn't want to come out. He finally worked up the courage to mutter the name, "M-Moria...the man's name is Moria...he is truly terrifying."

"Moria?" The atmosphere seems to get denser as Robin steps forward with a worried look, "You mean...Gecko Moria?"

Once the old man nodded, Luffy turned to her in confusion, "Robin you know him?"