Chapter 6: Fire Fist Ace

I found myself gravitating towards a restaurant, probably because Luffy was obsessed with food.

"May I please have some fried rice?" I smiled politely at the waiter who nodded, seemingly nervous.

Just as my food got here someone plopped into the seat next to me and ordered the same thing. My eyes shift to my left suspiciously before they widened upon realization and without any warning my heart skipped a beat.

Memories flashed through my head, remembering when the man showed up at Sinthaya out of no where. The nights we spent together, the talks we had, everything.

"Ace?"

Said boy perked up before looking to the side with curiosity full eyes. "Hm? Do I know you?"

I chuckled slightly before gently bringing down my hood. "I'm hurt, Ace. Has it really been that long?"

Ace's onyx eyes seemed to light up in revelation as his brain slowly, but surely, began to identify my features.

A grin completely took over his features as he jumped up from his seat and hugged me tightly. "Y/n!"

A giggle escaped my lips as I tried not to let out a squeal when he lifted me into the air and spun around. "Okay Ace! Okay!"

"Sorry!" He gently put me down before rubbing his neck bashfully, an action I guiltily found quite attractive. "I've just missed you. I wanted to visit you, but I got caught up in some stuff."

I shake my head in dismissal of the apology, telling him it was okay before putting my hood back on.

He frowned at this, taking his food from the waiter with a 'thank you'. "Hey, why are you covering your face anyways? Did you finally sneak away from your father?"

The waiter comes with my food and places it in front of me and I do the same as Ace did. "Yes, I guess you could say that."

Before the conversation could continue any further, Ace falls right into his food, face in it and his body following with it. Everyone around us began to murmur about him dying and how I was also going to die because the disease he had was contagious or whatever.

He never changes.

I poke the man in the cheek, trying to avoid the rice on his face. "Ace~" I sung his name, trying to get him to wake up.

At the sound of my voice hitting his ears he shot up and looked around before wiping his face on the skirt of a woman who was trying to check up on him.

"Ace, that's not polite..." I sweat-dropped at his poor manners, watching him grin ignorantly at me.

He began asking if the restaurant did comedy shows as if they all hadn't been worrying about his health two seconds ago.

"I see you still don't have trouble falling asleep." I smile weakly at him, not knowing what I'm gonna do with the man.

Ace seemed to not see any problem with it as he asked me if I still had trouble falling asleep.

I took another bite out of my fried rice as I nodded, confirming that I still, sadly, had trouble sleeping.

"Ah that hit the spot!" Ace had finished eating and finally put his fork down after eating multiple plates. "Say mister," He whipped out a paper from his bag as the guy behind the counter hummed. "Have you seen this guy in town at all?"

My curious eyes couldn't help themselves as I looked over the stack of plates to see none other than my idiot captain. "Ah Ace-"

Before I could tell him, a voice interrupts me and states that they're surprised to see Ace so boldly eating out in public.