Chapter 17: Leaving Alabasta

Vivi sat on the hospital bed across from me as she embarrassingly explained what happened while they were at the baths. I chuckled at the thought of this, surprised that Luffy would do it. I assumed it was because he just wanted to join everyone else, but I was flabbergasted to hear he got a nose bleed still.

I hadn't gone with them as I wanted time to journal everything that happened considering that I haven't had time to, plus I had already used the baths earlier so it didn't make sense to go again.

Vivi sighed with a weak smile, a drop of sweat falling down her forehead. "I don't know how you're able to keep up with all of them..."

I leaned back on the bed I was on, my arms propping me up as I used them for stability, "I barley do, but I think you'd fit in well with us." A small smile plastered on my face, indirectly asking if she would be joining us.

Vivi pulled her knees to her chest with a slightly sad smile, "Yeah, I don't know." She drew circles on the side of the bed, something I found adorable, as she looked to the side in thought. "I truly am torn."

I leaned forward, my arms folding across my chest as I sat up straight with a huff escaping my lips. "Do what your heart tells you."

Vivi bit her lip slightly before sighing and turning to me, scooting forward to get closer to me. "Say Y/n, can I tell you something? Princess to princess? No, friend to friend."

I scooted in as well, intrigued with her secretive eyes and low voice. "Of course."

"I don't think I'm strong enough to join you guys."

My eyebrows shot up in shock at the princess' words, "What do you mean?"

Vivi shook her head slightly at the indirect assumption I had made and explained a little more. "Not physically strong, I mean that I don't think I'm strong enough to move on from here. Alabasta is my home, it's always been my home. How could I leave it?"

Ah. She was just like me.

She looked at me with a questioning look full of adoration, "How did you do it?"

"What?"

She smiled helplessly as small sparkles appeared in her eyes, her hands grabbing mine with excitement, "I mean it's amazing! You're a powerful pirate now! You're traveling the world! I could never have so much courage!"

Oh. She thinks I'm...

"Are you pulling my leg?" My right eyebrow rose in suspicion as I gave her a weird look. There's no way that this strong princess is saying that she could never be as courthouse as me.

Now Vivi was looking at me weirdly, not sure what was so hard to believe. "What? Why would I be?"

I pointed at her accusingly with an unbelieving face, "You just stopped a whole ass war and you're saying I'm awesome?? What are you, an idiot?!"

Vivi jolted back, flabbergasted at my outburst before her eyebrows furrowed and she mirrored my actions, "Says you! Your country was thriving and had a good relationship to their royal family because of you! And now you're a pirate traveling the seas and saving other countries! You're the idiot!"

My jaw dropped at her as my head dropped forward not believing her stupid reasons and how stubborn she was, "Are you kidding me?!"

"Are you kidding me?!" Vivi emphasized the 'you' as she pointed at me with a sassy look on her face.

"You're the great princess of Alabasta! You went undercover for how many years and was surrounded by assassins while being under a fucking warlord! And then you come back here and manage to stop the war and reach your people's hearts! What's more awesome than that?!"