Chapter 38: CP9

"The drawbridge is going down! Go Strawhat!"

Before the drawbridge could go all the way down though, it stopped abruptly as black smoke filled the air.

"Damn it! Who's doing this?!" Luffy yelled at the obstacle in our path, but no one answered.

"Hey! I heard the whole thing! What are you waiting for? Jump towards the falls!" The sound of the old lady from before played through a transponder snail.

"Kokoro?" Nami held it in her hand as a visibly confused expression was plastered on her face.

The sound of a train was heard and Luffy turned to us with a mischievous smile.

I back up, accidentally hitting Zoro in the process, "Oh no..."

The swordsman looked at me weirdly, "What's your problem?" But he didn't have time to hear an answer as he caught sight of Luffy's stretched out arm and his eyes almost jumped out their sockets.

"No, please no Luffy..." I looked at him desperately, not even wanting to imagine the fall, but he just smiled at me and chuckled.

"Here we go!"

We all screamed while Luffy just laughed, having the best time of his life. A metal sea train emerged from the smoke and rode the drawbridge into the sky, successfully catching us. And by that I mean we were all slammed against the metal sea train harshly.

My eyes catch Franky's body last minute as holds onto the front of the sea train and when I see we're about to crash into the building wall, my legs move on its own.

"Huh? Y/n? Where are you going?" Nami called out to me, but I didn't bother to answer.

I had to focus on not falling off and getting to Franky as soon as possible. While Franky and I were talking I remember him mentioning how his only weakness was his backside since he couldn't reach it when he was repairing himself so if we hit the wall now Franky's back will be met with most of the damage.

It was seconds before we hit the wall when I had finally gotten to front of the sea train and I held out my hand to the blue haired man, "Franky! Grab on!"

He was shocked to see me, but hurriedly grabbed onto my hand and I was able to pull him up just as the wall came into contact with the sea train.

There was smoke and debris everywhere and I could barely see where everyone else was as I coughed due to inhaling the smoke.

"Thanks Y/n! That would've really hurt!" Franky grinned at me with a thumbs up, completely unfazed by the smoke all around us.

I smiled weakly at him and gave him a thumbs up as well, trying to clear the smoke out my throat.

He moved to Kokoro and the little girl along with her pet, checking if they were okay and I went to find my crew mates.

Luffy was the first to emerge from the rubble as he let out a scream with both his arms up in the air, "Where's everyone else?"

"After that crash? I just hope their bodies are still intact..."

I sweatdropped at Franky's words before looking to my left when I heard Sanji's muffled voice.

"You think us and flesh and blood humans are gonna just take a crash like that and be okay?"

Everyone else popped up from the rubble just like Luffy had as they screamed 'no way'.

"You guys are all weirdos," Franky gave us a weird look with his broad arms crossed over his chest, "Just saying."

I laughed slightly at the true statement while Luffy pointed to the stairs and told us that we need to catch up with Robin.