Chapter 28: Shipwrights

Kaku didn't personally know you, but he sure as hell recognized you first glance. The Princess Y/n. From his resources, your kingdom was thriving and almost on par with Big Mom's island which is a feat on its own, but you in particular caught his friend's eye and that wasn't something that was easy to do.

Whenever Kaku would walk around with the rest of CP9, he'd occasionally hear things about you or even sometimes see you when all the royal families gathered every now and then.

When he saw you, his confusion grew. He had assumed someone who interested Lucci would at the very least be a very attractive woman or impeccably strong, but you...you looked like nothing of the sorts.

I mean, Kaku isn't saying you're ugly it's just that you're not drop dead gorgeous and you seemed strong, but more like a rookie-who-hasn't-been-in-a real-fight strong. In shorter terms: you were nothing special.

The long nosed boy would watch curiously at the strongest member of CP9 who's gaze would linger on you if you were in the vicinity. It genuinely stumped him and he decided that he'd try to get to know you to see if there was something he was missing.

Sadly, he never got the chance. It was only after Kaku had wanted to talk to you more that he realized....you really did not leave your island. He never saw you anywhere unless it's at those royal gatherings but those don't happen often and it's rare for him to be stationed there even if it does.

So Kaku had no way of satisfying his curiosity.

.

.

.

Until now.

***

"I can take you back to your friends since I'm going to tell the news to them right now," Kaku offered as he smiled at us sympathetically.

I looked to Zoro who had the same tense face as we both imagined what Usopp would have to say about this.

"You'd better go, Y/n," Zoro nodded his head toward Kaku, "I don't know how he'll handle this, but I know it won't be pretty."

I agreed with him before turning to Kaku with a polite smile and suspicious eyes to compliment them before taking his offer.

"Alright, you ready?"

I eyed Kaku's hand that he was offering me, "What do you mean?"

Kaku grinned, an excited look in his eyes, "We're gonna jump!"

"Excuse me?"

The boy rolled his eyes playfully, his grin calming into a smile, "Just trust me."

I don't know why, but his offer seemed tempting. It's not like I trusted the boy, it was nothing like that, but my body liked the excitement in his eyes and it sensed an upcoming adventure. I slowly took his hand, my brain not sure about the decision but my body bubbling with anticipation.

When my hand reached his, his smile turned back into a grin and he pulled me to him. I stumbled into his chest as his other arm snaked around my waist, "Ready?"

Zoro got up, alerted by his actions, and before either of us could question what he was going to do he bent his legs and launched off into the sky.

My eyes shut reflexively as wind blew past our hair and I had no choice but to grip onto the boy's clothes.

Kaku let out a light laugh, obviously enjoying himself as we jumped from roof to roof, "You're missing the view! Open your eyes!"

I hesitantly opened my eyes before realizing that he was right. The view was incredible, people smiled and waved at the well known boy and the water reflected the sun as it glistened and waved as well. The city was bright and beautiful, a certain energy that made it feel like a refreshing breath of air. The kind that you can feel enter your lungs and spread out.