Chapter 12: Sand Pirates

Not gonna lie, riding on a perverted camel was the last thing I thought I'd be doing right now, but it beats having to walk.

Me, Nami, and Vivi rode on a perverted camel far ahead from the rest of the group. Vivi expressed her concerns for the others but Nami brushed it off saying that they'll just follow the footprints.

"So Y/n..." Nami started off, smiling at me mischievously. "Ace, huh?"

Vivi giggled, her hound covering her mouth as she kept her princess-like manners.

I sighed before sending a small yet harmless glare towards the money hungry girl. "There's nothing going on between the two of us."

"I don't know Y/n," Vivi teamed up with Nami, smiling at me teasingly. "You guys seem pretty close."

I rolled my eyes, waving off their suspicion. "That's just cause we've known each other for a while now. A guy like Ace probably doesn't even know what settling down is."

Vivi sweatdropped at the sudden insult, but Nami interpreted it in a different way. "So, if he was the type to settle down you'd settle down with him?"

My body jumped slightly at the question. I mean sure I've fantasized about it, but for it to actually happen? I cleared my throat, ignoring the small blush that dusted my cheeks, something the two girls definitely noticed. "Well he is rather attractive and strong plus he's kind and loving..."

The two girls watched me describe the man with knowing smiles which I immediately stopped my rambling after seeing it.

"My point is," A long, heavy sigh left my lips making my chest rise and fall in a relaxing way. My eyes shifted to the side with a melancholy look. "Who wouldn't want to settle down with a guy like that?"

Before either of the two could respond a ship sailed in front of us.

Vivi gasped, looking up at the big wooden ship. "Sand Pirates!"

~•~

"You mean you didn't come here to save us?"

"What? I just came here for water."

My shoulders slumped as I realized what an actual idiot our captain was while Vivi mentioned that lashes was going to get eaten.

Long story short Luffy, being Luffy, ended up making friends with the captain of the sand pirate crew we were being held captive by.

Seriously, this boy is like a magnet the way he just attracts people to him.

I shook my head as Nami got mad at him for saying that he didn't mind that they gave us girls such rough treatment.

Sanji would disapprove.

"But captain, we don't have any wood to repair the mast. Without a main mast, we won't have enough thrust to get by. We'll end up stranded and die like dogs."

"Waaaaaaaa~ We're gonna die like dogs!!!" The rest of the crew shouted in unison, some hugging each other dramatically.

I smile at the crew seeing that they reminded me of Usopp, Nami, and Chopper when they were scared.

It's like a crew of the three of them!

"We are sand pirates and we were born on sand pirate ships! We will die on sand pirate ships! Abandoning this ship is out of the question!"

Everyone seemed to be easily influenced as their mood shifted at their captains words and repeated them with delight.

"Take a sand sled to the Oasis!" The captain of the Barabara pirates spoke with a bellow as he introduced his right hand man and woman.