Chapter 50: Negative~

"What are you griping about Zoro? C'mon you're joining us!" Luffy impatiently yelled at Zoro who was still on the ship, mumbling to himself about something.

The said swordsman looked down at us with his arms crossed, "Do you want to fall for an obvious trap and have those idiots call you an idiot for falling for such an idiotic trap?!"

I sweatdropped as I stood on the creaky wooden floorboards of the dock, waiting for Zoro as well, "What's with the overuse of the word 'idiot'?"

Sanji leaned over as he heard the question and replied with a snarky remark, "You know his vocabulary is limited, Y/n. He can only recognize a word that applies to him."

A chuckle escapes from my lips as I place my hand over my mouth to try to hide it so we don't get in trouble with Zoro, but Sanji proudly flaunts the fact that he got me to laugh.

As I looked around while Zoro and Luffy argued I couldn't seem to see anything past 20 feet of us. The thick fog made the eerie place a lot more colder than it should've been as a chill ran down my spine. The floorboards creaked under us as we walked and it seemed as if it was so old it was ready to break any second.

Zoro jumped down from the ship with ease, realizing that there was no point in arguing about it. The action made Luffy grin excitedly and pump his fist in the air, "Alright let's move!"

"Took you long enough, Moss head!"

"Shut it."

As we walked, I stayed behind the group to really observe our surroundings. I took in the multiple spiderwebs and the broken down buildings along with the graves that seemed to be everywhere. There always seemed like there was something moving in the bushes as we walked past them, though whatever it was it never came out to say hello.

"Everything okay?" When I looked up to see who's voice I heard, I made eye contact with the famous cyborg of the crew. He smiled down at me as he slowed his pace to match mine, "You've been spacing out ever since that weird skeleton guy came along."

I smiled back at him, my chest warm at the idea that someone had been paying attention to me enough to notice, "Brook's just a really interesting person is all. I think he'll fit in great with the crew."

Franky quirked an eyebrow at me as our feet made a crunching sound against the dirty floor, "Didn't he decline Luffy's offer?"

I leaned closer to him with a crooked smile, "Didn't you too at first?"

The cyborg chuckled lightly as he looked away for second before smiling back at me, "You got a point, little lady."

I smiled at the nickname before my eyes shifted to Luffy who was jumping excitedly. A warm feeling taking over my body as I looked at the man with fond eyes and a soft smile, "I reckon he'll take Brook's shadow back and allow him to live freely with us. I don't know how he'll do it, but I'm positive he'll manage."

"You seem to really admire him."

I nodded, turning my head to Franky, but not taking my gaze off our captain, "He's done a lot in just a few months. Luffy is..." I paused, wanting to make sure I could describe the bubbly man as accurately as I could before landing on a simple adjective as I spoke softly, "Incredible."

I could hear a satisfied humph come from Franky as he smiled at Luffy as well, "I knew I joined the right crew."

"Why is there a staircase going down?" Sanji's voice caught both of our attention as we headed down a dark staircase.