Chapter 49: An Island Called Thriller Bark

A weird laugh was heard from the tall skeleton before he cheerfully introduced himself to everyone else on the ship, "Hi!Hello everyone! I shall be imposing on your lovely ship. I am the dead and skeletonized Brook. It's a pleasure to meet you!"

Luffy started to laugh slightly as he pointed to Brook asking the others if he found Brook as awesome as he did.

"Don't be stupid! Who is he?!" Our swordsman didn't appreciate the weird, supernatural stranger so happily on deck though.

"My, my! How harsh!" Brook laughed loudly before his attention landed on Robin. With a polite smile he spoke innocently, "Goodness aren't you a lovely lady. May I see your panties?

Nami hit him in the head as she yelled at him to stop his perverted acts while Chopper marveled at Usopp's attire.

When I turned to look at what Chopper was making such a big fuss about, I saw Usopp decked out in all anti-evil gear yelling at Brook to get away, calling him an evil spirit.

"An evil spirit? Where? Where is it?!" Brook closed his eyes, frightened at the idea of such a supernatural being near us.

I giggle slightly at the odd behaivor and quirks that the tall skeleton possessed as he tried to wake up Chopper from getting frightened to death.

"Hello...? Please wake up..." Brook pokes the reindeer gently as he hovers over him, probqbly not helping the situation. When Chopper opens his eyes and sees Brook he screams even more loudly, though Brook just smiled cheerfully at him, "Good morning!"

I could see Zoro's eye twitching in my peripheral vision as he speaks with irritation, "Oi! Who is this guy?!"

"Isn't he funny?" Luffy didnt sense Zoro's irritation as he grinned proudly with a joyful laugh, "I asked him to join the crew!"

The green haired man froze for a second before turning to Sanji and I with a scolding face, "Oi! Why do you think you went with him?!"

I shrugged my shoulders with a weak smile, "You know there's no stopping him when he has his mind set."

Zoro sighed at the response as he pinched the bridge of his nose and muttered lowly, "Yeah, but he'll listen to you."

My head tilts curiously as my eyebrows furrow gently, "What's the supposed to mean?"

"Come now, let's go inside," Brook's voice catches our attention as we all turn to him, "Lets have dinner!"

Nami and Zoro get mad at Brook, yelling at him about how that's not his decision, but going into the kitchen anyways with the rest of us following. We all take a seat at the dining table while Sanji cooks us up something; he refused my help since I didn't want him to be the only one not at the table.

The newly met skeleton looks around complimenting the place while Franky pridefully takes ownership for the design. Brook leans his head on the table with a longing tone in his voice, "Oh, I can't wait to eat. It's been a while since I've had a decent meal!"  He goes on to ramble a bit more, a habit I realized he possesses, before making a joke about how he doesn't have skin or muscles, "It's a joke! A skull joke!"

Luffy laughed loudly as he hit the table at the joke, earning a chuckle from me as I laughed more at what Luffy found funny than the clever joke.

"As a gentleman I adore the laid back time while waiting for the food," Brook sat back in his chair with a straight posture before completely disregarding what he said and banging on the table with silverware as Luffy joined in, "Dinner! Dinner!"

A small laugh escaped the captains lips as he turned to Brook, completely butchering his name, "Before I forget, Kroobuckle..."

"No...it's Brook," Brook seemed to come to a realization as he smiled politely at Luffy, "Um, excuse me but I still don't know your name..."