Chapter 68: Limits

We were just walking around, joking about going to the amusement park at a time like this. So why is the same warlord that had almost killed Zoro and I standing in front of us right now? Luffy kept trying to ask us who he was, but we were all too stunned. Once he was finally told by Nami and the others, the Warlord lifted his hand and shot a beam of light out of it. Luffy dodged and complained about how Sanji's warning was wrong and that it was wasn't a shockwave as he got up from out of the dust.

I let my guard down for a second after I had seen the attack. The last time we saw the Warlord his palm didn't have the circular opening like it did now. It was odd.

Sanji quickly grabbed me, stopping me from getting hit by another beam that I didn't even realize was heading towards me, "Be careful!" He held me close, his hand shaking ever so slightly that only his fingers on my skin gave it away as he looked at the Warlord with a hard gaze, "You're still injured."

"Right, sorry," I spoke out with caution. I've never seen the usually confident man like this, especially in the face of an enemy. A hint of terror in his eyes as his eyebrows were furrowed down and he had lost that bright smile he'd wear around me.

When Franky went up to attack first, Sanji and I regrouped with everyone and else. Once Franky threw his attack, I knew it wasn't the same warlord from before. The man flew back from Franky's attack, hitting a tree before getting back up without a sweat.

"It's not him," I spoke out, subconsciously speaking to Zoro who was to the right of me as I kept my eyes on the supposed Warlord.

"What do you mean, Y/n?" Sanji, who was to my left a few spaces in front as if to protect me, turned to look back at me with a questioning look.

Zoro grunted as well as he readied himself more, his stance sinking lower, "I thought so too. Something feels off."

I ready my scythe, sinking into my stance as well because it was evident that the man or thing before us was going to put up a fight even if it wasn't the warlord from before, "He isn't using his ability. He could've easily repelled Franky's attack right back at him so if he wanted to kill us he would've taken the chance. Plus, his body is different."

Nami and some of the others tuned in as well as the fake Warlord began to walk back.

"On his palms, he had those paws," I turn to Usopp since he was the one who mentioned them earlier, "Now he only has those metal opening for these light beams. Plus, it wouldn't make sense if he came back to kill all of us now," This time I turned to Zoro, the both of us knowing what had happened just before the Warlord left Thriller Bark and what he had told to us.

Zoro nodded at me, indirectly agreeing with me as he seemed to recall what had happened too before he looked back the fake Warlord in front of us, "Even if he was under orders to kill us and he had just got those placed in his palms, something doesn't feel right."

The giant man would send multiple beams at us, us trying our best to dodge and deal damage onto him, but he was very persistent in staying alive. Even when Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji would hit him at the same time with all their might.

Eventually we all began landing blows on him one after the other. All of us taking turns trying to bring this inhumane enemy down. It wasn' t until Usopp had landed one of his bombs in his mouth that we started to see our attacks really affect him. It seemed his sensors were all messed up and he was having a hard time trying to detect where his actual enemies were. Robin played on this and made a beam that was going to come out of his mouth explode by closing his jaw further more making him malfunction. And with one final blow the fake Warlord was defeated, laying on the ground with some of his clothes disintegrated and his glasses broken.