seven.

ELYSE'S POV

The calming sound of crippling water woke me up. As I struggled to wake up, the movement of a body next to me nearly made me fall off the couch I was uncomfortably sleeping on. What, more like who, was laying beside me was no other than Neymar Jr.

I stared at him in shock, trying to recall what the hell happened the day before.

This made sleepy Neymar laugh, "Looks like you're not much of a drinker, huh?"

"What happened yesterday?" I avoided his question by asking him one.

"Boat party, hence why we're on a boat now. Everyone got drunk, partied, swam and had fun." he explained. "I had to drag you out of the water cause you were starting to fall asleep while swimming."

I could feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment, "Then, where's Lewis?"

Neymar shrugged, "He's probably in a room with a chick he bagged or something."

I cringed, "Ew, I really do not need that image in my head right now."

I sat up straight for the awfully uncomfortable position I was on the couch before realizing I was still in my bikini with an oversized shirt covering me which I remember belonged to Neymar.

As I stood up, the feel of flesh underneath my feet made me shriek and sit back down.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled, probably waking the other people wasted on the other couches that filled this boat.

A groan coming from Lewis explained the whole situation. "Very nice of you two to talk about my sex life while I'm quite literally sleeping on the ground beside your cuddling asses."

I kicked him in the stomach as he started to sit straight, making him pull my legs which eventually led to my whole body being thrown on the ground next to Lewis. The two of them kept laughing while I just rolled my eyes and cursed at them before taking my phone and jacket then heading to the bathroom to fix myself up— even though I had no make-up or anything for that matter.

I closed the toilet seat and sat on it while I went through my phone which appeared to be flooded with messages from Hailey since the beginning of the morning. It was 12 PM now.

Just as soon as I opened my phone and incoming call from Hailey appeared on my screen.

"Hello?" a stressed voice came from the other line.

"Hey, Hails, is there something wrong?" I asked her, instantly becoming worried since Hailey is never stressed unless something bad came out.

"Have you checked your phone today?" she asked and I immediately knew something was wrong.

I didn't reply and opened twitter to find people mentioning me on leaked pictures of me and Neymar being 'extra touchy' on the boat yesterday.

Fans of Formula One were surprisingly shipping us while football fans were literally sending me death threats and making 1 minute Tiktoks of reason why I'd be the worst girlfriend he'd ever had because of my looks and career. They even compared me to his past girlfriends, saying they looked better and that he should higher his standards.

All the time I was looking through it all, me and Hailey were silent. We knew how bad this was, even if it was nothing but a silly rumor. I've been grilled countless of times from the press, and sources that are Formula One related and I knew I could handle it, but football fans? They're on a whole other level.

"Stop reading them." Hailey ordered.

"How could I? People are literally sending me death threats." I told her.