thirty.

30 chapters 🥳🥳!! and third on #mercedes?? i would've never thought i'd get this far, thank u so much!!! here's this chapter as a gift from me to u ;)

-

ELYSE's POV

It was race day. My spirits had somewhat been lifted after Kimi's help yesterday. But that didn't mean the clinging sensation of dread didn't occupy me when I woke up. It desperately held onto me for the whole day.

The dread intensified when I realized I had to attend the driver's parade before the race. Knowing how there was a 99% chance I'd be absolutely ignored. I tried staying in my room for as long as possible but Hailey had to drag me out of there and I was forced to attend.

I was one of the last people to get on the moving bus. I instantly started fiddling with the strong of my bracelets as I felt everyone's eyes on me. I got on and stood in a corner, looking at the fans who were screaming at the top of their lungs— hoping their favorite driver would hear them.

"So many people, huh?" Kimi was now standing next to me.

My frown turned into a smile almost instantly, "Yeah." I pointed at someone in the grandstands, "Look they're wearing a shirt with your face on it."

"Should I be happy or worried?" He had a concerned look on his face that made me laugh. In my peripheral vision, I could see many drivers' eyes snap towards the sound of my laugh. I didn't look back.

"If I were you I'd be happy. If I could, I'd let Mercedes' make limited edition merch with our faces on everything as the brand." I don't know why I referred to Lewis or Mercedes', even though nobody but Kimi can hear me , but I guess it was just out of instinct.

"Wow, I need to go tell the Alfa Romeo marketing team about this idea before I retire." He joked and I groaned at the reminder of his retirement.

"You had to bring that up, huh?" I rolled my eyes when he gave me a smug look and simply watched how hyped Formula One fans were as we passed by.

"Watch this," He grabbed my attention before flipping off everyone. The crowd went wild. "that's the sound of success."

I laughed.

"And this," He waved at the crowd. Everyone booed, "this is also the sound of success."

"Wow. How to be successful? Book guide by Kimi Raikkonen, when's the release date?" I managed to make Thee Kimi Raikkonen laugh.

Finally, the drivers marathon ended and I had a way better time than expected. I was so thankful to have Kimi by my side, he was the only one not giving me a cold shoulder. And he's literally known as the iceman.

I had a few interviews scheduled after the marathon then I had to be in the car for the race. It all went surprisingly well, until this one interviewer asked me a question that nearly made me choke.

"Some fans have brought up the fact that it looks like there's a— how do I word this...— distance, between you and the some drivers. My question is, if it's true, does it have anything to do with the whole drugs thing?"

I huffed in annoyance, "First of all, my relationship with other drivers are non of anyone's concern. Secondly, I thought I said I wouldn't be addressing anything regarding this matter just yesterday, did I not?"

That managed to shut her up.

Generally, I avoided most people until it was time for racing. I took a whopping four pills of Xanax since I was near having a panic attack and this time, I didn't have anyone around to aid me through it.