twenty.

ELYSE's POV

I splashed some water on my face and left the bathroom. I certainly wasn't going to sit around, sulking. Instead, I'd start my revenge plan.

I hope Max enjoys the taste of his own medicine.

Everyone shifted onto the dance-floor when 'Call out my name' by The Weeknd started to play.

Lewis grabbed my hand and we started dancing to the song in sync, all while screaming the lyrics. The only difference was I fixated my eyes to stare into Max's soul, who was eyeing me the whole time. I didn't even feel bad for Kelly anymore, I can't believe I was stressing over how she feels when she was clearly in on everything too.

I pushed my thoughts aside as the next verse came on.

I said I didn't feel nothing baby, but I lied
I almost cut a piece of myself for your life
Guess I was just another pit stop
'Til you made up your mind
You just wasted my time

I lip-synced the words to him, though I think he didn't fully understand that the lyrics said everything I never could. I diverted my eyes from where he sat and turned my back to him, not wanting to face him anymore. Before I knew it, Daniel was shoving shots in everyone's hands as confetti fell from the ceiling.

The rest of the night was a haze until we got back and I found myself in my bedroom's balcony reminiscing over the kiss for the millionth time since it happened.

I heard my room door open and close. No knocks or anything. I turned around to see who it was, and to my luck, it was Max.

I sighed, not wanting him to know I've caught on to his plans.

"What are you doing in my room, Max?" I asked him, softly. Considering how wasted he looked.

"I wanted to see you." he slurred.

"Uh— why?"

He stepped into the balcony with me, "You were so gorgeous tonight. And I wanted to see you in this pretty dress of yours for the last time today." he stared at me, my dress and lips before starting to walk back out. "That's all, goodnight Elyse."

I didn't allow him to leave, instead I grabbed his wrists, pulling him towards me and I wasted no time in colliding our lips together.

An electric feeling buzzed through my veins. It was a mix of adrenaline and something else, though I couldn't put my hand on it. It wasn't like anything I've ever felt before— not even after winning a race, or a championship. It was new, foreign, exhilarating.

Despite the fact that I was only doing this to get back at him, make him have a taste of his own medicine— a part of me I preferred to hide underneath everything else was secretly enjoying this a little too much and I was starting to doubt if this plan was a good idea. But, I chose to avoid thinking about this, focusing on what was ahead of me right now.

Max's lips.

It was clear he was taken aback, but was evidently enjoying this as much as I was— maybe even more. His tongue traced the outline of my lips, making me stop breathing. After noticing this, "You're unlike anything I've ever seen." he whispered, immediately getting back to kissing me, restricting me from answering him.

I hadn't even realized it till now, but now it was Max in control despite being the one who initiated contact first.

Our soft and gentle kisses turned into something more extreme— hungry and desperate. My back was now against the wall, and my hands were placed on Max's chest as support.

A bite on my lower lip made me release a sound I never thought would come out of my mouth. A moan. I pulled away, looking at him with wide eyes while he gaped at me with a smirk, as if he was proud of what he managed to do to me.