twenty eight.

ELYSE's POV

I spent the next week with the same routine. Wake up, hang out with Matthew and the rest of them, smoke, pass out. The morning of always involved me sulking around, swearing not to do anything again but then the cycle repeats itself.

I stayed off social media, ignored everyone's texts except for aunt Angela— incase anything happened.

While I was exhaling, smoke fogging my vision, my phone rung. I groaned and sighed, pulling it out of my back pocket.

"Damn, how many phone calls do you get a day? I forget you're famous." Matthew pointed out.

"Ugh, it's my PR manager. She's a fucking asshole. Why is calling me." I threw my phone on the couch next to me.

I waited for the call to end before reconnecting the joint in my hand to my mouth. Before I knew it, she was calling me again.

"God, can't she get the hint and stop calling?" Ellie scoffed.

"I know, right." I rolled my eyes before ending her call. Almost immediately, she called me again.

"Just answer it and see what she wants." Ares suggested.

"Alright," I nodded, "take this. I'll be back in a sec." I handed Matthew my joint and went outside to answer.

"Hello?"

"What do you want." I got straight to the point.

"You sure have an attitude as someone who's reputation is being absolutely smothered right now." She sounded like she had enough of me.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Haven't you checked social media at all? Congrats, Garcia, you're trending!" The sarcasm in her tone was quite hard to miss, "I hope you're having fun smoking weed with your old buddies."

"What— how do you know? Did Max tell you?" I asked.

"Wow, great to know Max is aware of this, aka your biggest rival. Great job, Elyse, so fucking proud of you." The sound of her clapping echoed through the mic, "And for your information, your 'friends' are real pieces of shit. You should see their social media, they're the reason you're trending. Now I gotta go fix your shit, because unfortunately it's in my contract to do so. Bye."

She hung up before I could say anything. I quickly opened Instagram and clicked on their accounts.

First it was Evie's stories.