twenty seven.

ELYSE's POV

Bargaining.

The party I was invited to was at Matthew's house. I knew that place like the back of my hand considering how much time I spent here. When the house was in view I was getting second thoughts about attending this party at all. The right side of my mind told me not to but before I could decide for myself, I was outed.

"Ey! Look who decided to show up!" Ares pointed at me in the driveway. "It's Elyse motherfucking Garcia!"

"Long time no see, Ares." He pulled me into a hug. Two girls ran out of the house squealing before tightly embracing me.

"We missed you so so much!" Evie and Valencia spoke in the same time. I knew they didn't really mean their words since when we used to be a trio, I'd hear them talk shit about me. Part of the reason why we drifted too.

"Yeah, missed you too." I awkwardly chuckled.

"That's enough girls, she's clearly here for me." Matthew joked. He always had an irritating way of joking which he likes to call 'having a good taste in humor'. I like to call it being a cocky asshole.

"Pshh, yeah. As if." Some 'ooo's sounded here and there but before anyone could say anything I changed the subject, "Now when is this party getting started?"

Everyone cheered and rushed back into the house. The DJ loudened the speakers and people danced, made out, played pool, drank from the keg, snorted a line of cocaine. Not the type of parties I attended anymore, though the nostalgia of going to parties like this was really hitting me.

"Consider this your welcome back party?" Matthew handed me a drink.

I laughed , "Well I'm not exactly staying here for long."

"2 weeks is better than nothing." He suddenly spun me around, "So, to you coming back?" He raised his drink as a toast.

"To me coming back." I nodded, clinking my glass with his.

"Kiss!" Evie cheered from behind us. Matthew looked at me with a suggestive smile.

"Shut up, no." I downed my drink. "Get me another."

"Anything for our Ellie. Isn't that right guys?" They all hummed in agreement.

I ended up drinking a lot more than I intended on drinking but hey, I was actually having fun. Getting to know about how much my old friends' lives changed was quite entertaining.

"Tell us about you, Ellie. Are you dating anyone?" Valencia asked me.

"Nope." I shook my head no.

"I'm pretty sure I saw articles and photos of you and Neymar. You guys are dating, no?"

I chuckled lightly, "No, just friends."

"How can you be 'just friends' with Neymar Jr?! Didn't you have the biggest crush on him last time I saw you?" Evie exclaimed. "Not a single kiss, even?"

"It's obvious, guys, she's still hung up on me. I don't blame her, I'm not easy to forget." He ended getting smacked by me and Evie.

"You're still so full of yourself. Good to know you haven't changed." My words were coated with sarcasm but I meant every word I said, "But to answer your question, Evie, yes. We kissed once. But that's it, really."

"What about flings? Of course you've had flings with famous celebrities. God, if I was you I'd be in a new bed every night." Evie stared into darkness in awe, fantasizing about whatever the hell she was fantasizing about.

Valencia snorted, "We get it, Ev, you're a slut."

"Shut up, Vee, it's not like you're a saint either." Evie rolled her eyes at her bestfriend.