seventeen.

ELYSE's POV

Today is the 13th of August.

Which also happens to be the day I was born.

For the longest time, I hated my birthday— thanks to my father. But my mom worked long and hard to always prove him wrong and make me love my birthday again.

The moment I opened my eyes, I found half the house standing in my room as they started to sing 'Happy Birthday'. Despite having me almost get a heart attack, I nearly burst into tears as I hugged and thanked each and everyone.

The beginning of the day went normal, though I could sense they felt stressed. About what? I had no idea since as I stuffed my mouth with the last piece of eggs, Isa and Charlotte lifted me from my seat and started driving us to the salon to get our hair and nails done.

I decided to trim my hair along with a few highlights since my old ones started to fade. I let the girls pick my nails and we all ended up doing the same design, the only difference was our initials on our pinkies.

"Oh my god! We should get a tattoo!" I suggested as we left Chanel after buying the millionth thing today. And it was still 3PM.

Isa and Charlotte looked at each other before nodding to my previous statement.

I ended up getting a tattoo right on my right hips— a dinosaur eating a banana, and another behind my ear— a minimal drawing of the Barcelona track. While Isa and Charlotte got very small ones, I couldn't complain considering they would've never agreed on any other day than today.

By the time we finished shopping and our arms were filled with shopping bags, it was almost sunset time.

"So, how'd you rate your 24th birthday?" Charlotte asked curiously as we waited for our Uber.

My smile faltered as I registered what she said. Was this it? I mean, I was super grateful— but I was atleast expecting to spend the day in the house along with everyone there, especially my mom.

"Uh, yeah a 10/10 for sure." I smiled as best as I could. I watched as Isa and Charlotte shared a discreet look and before I could say anything, our Uber had arrived.

For some reason, the Uber was in a damn Aston Martin and the guy had a German accent. I almost thought he was Seb under his hat and sunglasses but remembered he was in Germany with his family so there was no way. However, it was safe to say the whole ride there I was in a sulky mood. I left Isa and Charlotte talk together while I watched people bike and have fun on the streets of Rio De Janeiro.

Once we arrived, Isa and Charlotte quickly got out and took their bags and sprinted into the house, leaving me to pay to the Uber. I got out of the car and took my bags before standing in front of the driver's door and asking, "How much do I owe you, sir?"

I could see the driver's body shake from disguised laughter but I ignored it as he spoke up, "24 euros for the lady turning 24."

I furrowed my eyebrows at the driver knowing that but gave him the £24 anyways. The guy couldn't take it any longer and got out of the car, taking off his glasses and hat, revealing Sebastian freaking Vettel.

I dropped my bags and jumped on him, pulling him into a soul crushing hug.

"I had suspicions it was you." I told him as I playfully nudged him.

"I had a feeling you knew as well." He laughed, "But, tell me, why did you look so sad?"

I pinched my nose, "Promise you won't judge me?"

"Why would I ever judge you, Lils?"

I smiled at the nickname, "I don't know. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I am beyond grateful for everything I have but I kinda expected more? From everyone really. Like this is the summer everyone's in one place and I was hoping for—"