twenty nine.

ELYSE's POV.

Depression.

I stuck true to my promise. I worked out everyday, even put in extra hours when Angela wasn't there. I ignored Matthew's many attempts at apologizing and offering to hang out again. Despite how dreadful everyday felt, I was somewhat proud of myself. The urge to have a smoke really hit me multiple times throughout the days, but I didn't give in.

I got a new phone from the airport right before boarding and noticed that I didn't have a phone number anymore when I was in the plane. Oh well.

Anyways, now that my aunt was coming with me, I was feeling less scared to get to the paddock. But that didn't mean a pit didn't form in my stomach whenever I thought about confrontation.

However, in a few hours, we had made it. I had no plans for the day and didn't know if I had any scheduled appointments considering I had no number and thanks to my iCloud saving everything, my contacts remained the same. I got a random Russian phone sim card and inserted it into my phone. Then, I dreadfully texted Hailey.

me:
hi
this is elyse
i just got a new phone and a random number since my old phone broke
do i have anything scheduled for today?

hailey blackford:
yes
private meeting with toto in room 357 in ur hotel at 6pm sharp
don't be late

me:
👍

To me, Wednesdays were dull days, but it seems like everyday is a dull day now.

"Hey, Angie?" I knocked on the bathroom door, "I have a meeting with Toto in half an hour."

All I heard was the water running, then it stopped then the door unlocked. "Are you nervous?"

"Very. 'I think I'm going to piss my pants' type of nervous, if I'm going to be honest." I ran a nervous hand through my hair, "I don't know what I'm going to say. Do you think he'll forgive me?"

She shrugged, "I can't really say. But I sure know it's gonna take you some time to get people trusting you again."

I only nodded. Instead of replying, I got ready. I didn't bother to put on any makeup and let my hair free, deciding to wear a random Yale hoodie and grey sweatpants.

While I waited for the time to get to 6PM, I decided to customize my phone to make it more like me considering it was brand new and bland. I scrolled through my gallery and stumbled across pictures.

First was a picture that was taken in Spain earlier this year. Group photo of me, my mom, Lewis, Carlos and their parents while eating lunch. Second was a baby picture of me and Carlos playing with RC cars his father got for us. Another one was a goofy picture of Lewis and I, Roscoe clear in the background. Another one was me sitting behind Max on a jetski this summer. Actually, there were so many pictures from this summer. Too many, if you ask me.

I opted for a picture I took of my mother staring onto the beach when we were on a boat. The sky was a mix of pink and purple hues which reflected her gorgeous sun-kissed face. She has the widest smile on her face, so full of life. She was shining, truly a star at heart.

Before I knew it, it was 6:07PM and I was cursing and running around the halls in hopes of finding room 357. Finally after wasting a whole 10 minutes on the wrong floor, I found the room and used my shaky hand to knock on the door.