nine.

ELYSE's POV

I was rudely waken up by Lewis and Carlos who decided it was a great idea to have a DJ party in my room at seven in the morning.

Even when I tried to plug my ears by the pillows, I could still hear their annoying voices and loud JBL speaker as they sung along to the song playing.

"Mama mia!" Carlos sang while slamming two pans he got from the kitchen against each other as if they were drums.

"Here we go again!" Lewis continued, completely off tone.

This went on for about the whole song despite me continuously yelling at them to get out. But it was no use, once the song was finished, they both forcefully pulled me off the bed even when I was clinging onto it for dear life, and placed me in the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I nearly slept on the floor or in the bathtub but after thinking about it, I just sighed and decided it was no use trying to escape these two. It was the same every year.

Each year, after the Spanish Grand Prix, me, Lewis, Carlos and our parents gather up in my house to have our annual barbecue while watching a football tournament of some sort and hanging around the pool with some music. It was basic but I loved it, no matter how old it got.

I got dressed into a linen sundress, with a white bikini under it.

As I was making my way downstairs, the fresh smell of pancakes filled my nostrils, instantly reminding me of how hungry I was and how much I missed my mom's pancakes. I had the recipe hut never tried to bother trying it even though I went through hell just to get it out of her.

"Is that what I think it is?" I sneaked up behind her as she flipped a pancake making her jump and laugh while I hugged her from behind. "Good morning, mama." I kissed her on her cheek as she greeted me aswell.

The dinner table was packed.

Carlos and Lewis had already stayed over since yesterday but their parents had just come this morning.

I hugged each and everyone of them since it has been ages ever since I've last seen them, except for Monica, ofcourse.

I took the last seat that was in between Carlos and Lewis, which was also the seat I always sat in each year.

My mom filled the dinner table with her delicious pancakes, bacon and eggs and tea.

"Oh wait! Before I forget, photo!" Mama rushed to get the same old camera we always took photos with.

Always one group photo of all of us and one photo of Carlos, Lewis and I in the same exact places except the only thing that would change in the picture is how old we look.

After the photos were taken, and the food was finished, the dads started setting up the barbecue grill.

Today was a Real Madrid vs Liverpool match and it couldn't be more perfect. Considering Lewis and his family were British and supported Liverpool while us Spaniards were die hard Real Madrid fans.

While we were waiting for the intermission to end so the match starts, my mom, Monica and Lewis' mom, Carmen, were in charge of music. They kept playing Jazz songs from back in their days and while I honestly really didn't mind it, Carlos and Lewis kept dissing their music taste but it didn't make the three ladies back down and instead, they turned up the volume of their music just to spite the two drivers.

It was nearly time for the match to begin and Carlos was nearly done cooking the burger so thankfully, we'll have something to eat while watching. I'll admit it, I'm something of an Ipad kid. I cannot watch something without eating and commenting on ever single thing. It annoying but I can't stop it.