ten.

ELYSE's POV

It was time for the most anticipated race of the season.

It was time for the Monaco Grand Prix.

It was one of my personal favorite tracks since I won here two times before and they were one of my favorite moments in Formula One. I had high hopes for today's race considering I nailed each practice and snatched pole at the last second from non-other than Max. I was honestly hoping for a Grand Slam Weekend.

'Pipe Down' by Drake was playing through my headphones while I stretched. I had already taken about two Xanax pills by now and I was feeling rather calm but my pounding heart said otherwise.

I sat on the grass beside the start/finish line where my car was lined up. It was less than 10 minutes till the race started and I couldn't afford to loose focus. Especially on a track like this.

As I was bopping my head up and down to the music coursing through my ear drums, I could notice a cameraman filming me from the side and I could barely see him thanks to my peripheral vision.

I turned towards him and the camera and smiled whilw briefly waving at the camera, noticing my face was on one of the big screens. I decided to blow a kiss at the camera which made the cameraman seem happy with the footage he got ahold of and wandered around and continued filming other drivers. Once he was gone, I rested my head against the barrier, closing my eyes and going back into my focused space.

My engineer tapped me twice on my shoulder and nodded his head at my car, indicating it was nearly time for lights out. So, I got in, got strapped and secured and before I knew it. All 20 supercars were zooming around the track.

I had a great start, I glided through lap one gracefully without a scratch. Next lap was a yellow flag and a safety car was deployed while marshals cleared out the debris and escorted two crashed cars off the track.

By lap five, we were back to racing. I managed to put a large gap between me and Verstappen, 6.32 seconds to be exact.

It was when it was time to pit under where everything went to shit.

COMMENTOR's POV

"And look who's entering the pits now!" Crofty grabbed the watcher's attention, "Garcia and Verstappen enter the pits. It seems both their hard tires have worn out after 31 laps of extreme pushing down the streets of Monaco."

"Yeah, at this point it's a race of who's got the fastest pitstop." Martin commented as they sat on the edge of their seats to see who would be a split second faster.

Verstappen's tires were changed in under two seconds while Elyse was stuck in place as she watched the mechanics stress over a missing tire someone appeared to have forgotten.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing now, Martin?" Crofty asked Martine as they watched chaos erupt im the Mercedes' garage with wide jaws, "This is a repeat of Monaco 2016."

"For the second time this season already, Mercedes' have ruined Elyse Garcia's race."

ELYSE's POV

I was a sitting duck while I shook my head as the mechanics ran around to grab the missing tire they so magically forgot. As if this car was some tractor with three wheels only.

Finally, after a good 20 seconds were wasted, I was released and found myself back in P12. I couldn't even bother to curse on the radio as I usually did. I was that mad, it made me stop talking.

So, I spent the next 20 laps pushing till I reached P4. Overtaking was a bitch and a frustrating thing to do here in Monaco but nevertheless I did it.

I was trailing behind Lewis' car, pressuring him and getting deadly close the barriers as I neared each corner. I was that desperate to gain time to close the gap and I didn't spare anyone.