Chapter 3

Fionnuala giggled as Derek parked the car out of sight and pulled her into the house.

"The whole place to ourselves," he said. "Like always."

"Just how we like it," she answered, standing on her toes to give him a kiss.

He smiled at her. "You could've asked me to lean down," he told her.

"Where's the fun in that?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist. "Besides, I like it when you lift me by my waist to bring me up to your height. Makes me feel taller."

"You know what else would make you taller? Standing on some steps."

"Again, where's the fun in that?"

He leaned down to give her another kiss and paused.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I hear something."

"Like what?"

"Voices." He gave her a chaste kiss before continuing. "I have to go see who that is. Whoever it is, they are trespassing."

"Go scare them off." She smiled. "I'll be waiting until you get back."

Derek nodded and quickly left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've heard of this before. I'm pretty sure it's called lycanthropy."

Derek paused when he heard that.

"What is that? Is that bad?"

Two teenagers. Fantastic.

"Oh yeah. It's the worst. The good thing is it only comes once a month."

"Once a month?"

"Yeah." The first voice made a quiet howl.

Derek rolled his eyes. Pathetic. Wolves don't make that sound. But if they're discussing this, then one of them must have been bitten. He shoved his curiosity aside and stood there, waiting to be seen.

 He shoved his curiosity aside and stood there, waiting to be seen

When they did, both teenagers jumped.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked. "This is private property. You're trespassing."

"Yeah, we were here the other night and-"

Before Scott could finish his sentence, Derek pulled his inhaler from his jacket pocket and tossed it to him.

"Do you mind leaving now?" he said. "That is all you came for, right?"

Scott nodded and they turned and left. But he could still hear what they were saying.

"Dude, that's Derek Hale."

"Derek Hale?"

"Yeah. His family burned in a house fire a few years back."

With another eye roll, Derek turned back around to return to the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fionnuala was still there where he had left her by the stairs.

"Did my big bad wolf scare the trespassers away?" she asked with a smile.

"Sure did." He smiled back. "Just a couple of teenagers looking for a lost item."

"Really?"

"Yeah. One really spastic teenager and his friend."

"Spastic? Oh no. That would've been Stiles and Scott. Did they follow us here? Were they looking for me?"

"No. They were looking for an inhaler."

"Stiles! He is such an idiot!"

"What? What happened?"

"So my dad got a call late last night. Stiles listened in and left about 5 minutes after my dad."

"Do you know what the call was about?"

"No. Unlike Stiles, I understand the meaning of the word privacy. Besides, it's easier for my dad if I don't know what's going on."

"But what does that have anything to do with your brother being an idiot?"

"He asked me last night if I wanted to go with him. I told him no since today was the first day of school. My best guess is he brought Scott with him last night, lied to Dad about bringing him, and that's how Scott lost his inhaler."

"Well, I think during that time period last night, Scott may have been bitten."

"Not by you, right?"

"No, it would've been an Alpha. But I had no idea there was an Alpha in Beacon Hills."

"Now you educated me on werewolves. Red eyes: Alpha. Blue eyes: Beta. Yellow eyes: Omegas."

"You got it right."

"Let me see your eyes."

Derek closed his eyes briefly before opening them again. They shone blue.

"They're so pretty

"They're so pretty."

"So are yours." Derek smiled, his fangs beginning to show.

"Except yours can change."

"My eyes only see you."

"Anyone else sees those fangs, they'd either try to kill you or run away."

"Again, only for you." He gave her another kiss, wrapping his arms around her waist again.

"How can I resist those fangs?" she whispered, giving him another kiss.

"Why didn't you run when I first showed you?"

"Because you were honest from the start." She placed another kiss on his lips. "And I value honesty."

"Isolde," he began, only to have her shush him.

"I have a study group at 5."

"Same person as all those other times?"

"Yes, it is."

"Fantastic." He smiled at her, his fangs still on display. "I'll drop you off. Until then-"

"-we cuddle," she finished. "I love the sound of that plan."

Some of you may be wondering why he didn't call her some form of her first name. Don't worry. It'll all be explained in due time.
And yes, I realize now how much kissing I put in this chapter. Holy cow.