Chapter 34

Fionnuala groaned as she came around.

"What a headache," she mumbled. She tried raising her arms to rub her head only to find them tied to a chair.

"What is this place?" she heard Allison say.

"Let's start with the basics. You know how every family has its secrets? Ours are a little different," she heard Kate say before a door was opened.

Allison and Kate walked into the dark room. Allison hung back, walking slowly as she walked over to a light and switched it on, revealing Derek as a werewolf attached to a fence. He roared.

Allison took a step back as Kate turned to her with a smile. "Isn't he beautiful?" She moved over to Derek and made sure the electrical wires were firmly attached to his side. Then she moved over to the power supply and turned the dial up, causing electricity to shock Derek who yelled in pain.

Fionnuala bit her lip to prevent herself from yelling for them to stop torturing him. She didn't want Allison finding out.

"What are you doing to him? Is that gonna kill him?" Allison asked.

"Oh, come on, kiddo. Don't get all ethical on me now."

"What is he?"

"Shapeshifter. Lycan." Kate gasped dramatically. "Werewolf. But to me, he's just another dumb animal."

She turned up the voltage, shocking Derek again.

"Come here." She waved Allison over before opening a barely conscious Derek's mouth. "See these right here? These are canines, also known as fangs. Made for the tearing and rendering of flesh. Not something you'd find on those cute little leaf-eating herbivores, is it?"

Allison shook her head. "This is a joke to you?"

"Sweetheart, there are werewolves running around in the world. Everything's a joke to me. How else do I stay sane?"

"So, it was him at the high school and all the other animal attacks?"

Kate turned off the light and began walking out with Allison. "There's actually three of them. Another younger one like him called the Beta and then there's the Alpha. Alpha's the pack leader. Bigger, stronger, nastier. Those are the real ugly ones."

Fionnuala waited for the door to shut before saying, "Derek? Can you hear me?"

"Isolde?"

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry. Tell me you're not positioned like me."

"No. I'm tied to a chair with a killer headache."

She saw him hang his head.

"I don't know what I was thinking last night."

"You wanted to hang out with me."

"No. It was Peter."

"What? What about him?"

"He did something to me after you and Stiles left. Made me join his side. He wanted me to bring you and Jackson to the house. He wanted me to silence Jackson, but he never said why you needed to be there." He threw his head back and groaned.

~location change for story plot~

"Call it again," Scott said, looking on his desk.

"It's not here," Stiles answered, watching as Scott moved to his bed and started shaking the blankets. "So you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

"I can't afford a new one," Scott told him as he looked under his bed. "And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

"Well, A. You're not alone. You have me. And B. Didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."