Chapter 16

(Read the A/N at the end!)

Stiles snuck into the house and walked up the stairs avoiding the steps that made noise and was walking to his room when he saw a sliver of light from beneath Fionnuala's bedroom door.

He poked his head in and saw her on her phone.

"Hey, Fi. What are you still doing up?" he asked.

"Waiting for Derek to answer my texts. Did you finish your homework?" she answered.

"Actually, about that. I just came from seeing Derek and he said don't text him. He doesn't have his phone."

"Yeah right, Stiles. I know you hate that Derek and I have a thing, but you need to get over yourself."

"Fi, I'm being serious. I wouldn't lie to you about this."

"Alright. But I want to see him soon."

"I'll let him know, okay?"

"Thanks, Stiles. Goodnight."

"Night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Fionnuala stepped outside at 3:00 and took a deep breath. She knew she probably wouldn't be able to see Derek for a few days, considering the fact that he was probably staying low and trying to remain hidden.

She opened her eyes and saw him leaning against the post at the bottom of the steps, smiling up at her. When he saw that she noticed him, he put his finger to his lips to indicate the need to be quiet and she nodded before hurrying down the steps and into his arms.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm sorry I didn't give you a kiss goodbye or say that I love you."

"It's okay," she replied, smiling. "I know you were taking a risk to come see me after school."

"You're worth taking a risk for." He smiled. "Shall we?" He held out his elbow.

She slipped her arm into the crook of it and smiled back at him. "No car today?" she asked.

"No, it's back at the house. And I don't know if the hunters are still there. I mean, there's a good chance they're not there, but still."

"I completely understand."

"Besides, it's a beautiful day and I thought you'd enjoy a walk as we head back to my place."

"You're right. It's a beautiful day. Let's go."

"And, believe it or not, my temporary place isn't too far from here."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I am meeting Scott later though."

"Hm. Werewolf stuff?"

"Yeah."

They walked for about 5 minutes before they arrived at a semi-rundown building.

"This is where you live?"

"Temporarily. And it's not as bad as it looks." They entered and went up to his loft where he opened the door. "I set a few things up before leaving to get you."

Fionnuala's jaw dropped when she saw what the inside looked like. There were a few strings of fairy lights and a picnic blanket spread out on the floor with an assortment of foods along with a bottle of sparkling cider in a picnic basket with two wine glasses upside down beside it.

"Derek, it's beautiful!" she exclaimed, walking further into the room.

"Does that mean you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!"

"This is an apology for what happened yesterday."

"Yesterday was not your fault. But I still forgive you."

He huffed out a laugh. "That's good to know." He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, leaning down and kissing her on the cheek.

"I love the gesture. I love how beautiful it all is. But you didn't have to put all the effort into this."

"I know I didn't. But you're worth it. C'mon. Let's munch."

She smiled as he took her hand and pulled her over to the blanket, letting her sit on a cushion before lying on his side next to her. Then he took the two wine glasses and set them upright, before opening the bottle of cider and pouring them both some.

Fionnuala picked up her glass and took a sip before setting it down and saying, "Mm. Good choice."

Derek tipped his head back to look at her and smiled. "Only the best for you."

She laughed. "You're cute."

"What?! No!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Was I supposed to say intimidating? I'm sorry, babe, but you're not intimidating to me. Maybe to others, but not me."

"Really?" He looked at her, his eyes shining blue.

"Fine. You're not cute. You're hot."

"That's a little better."

She pushed him over onto his back and smiled back at him. "Just a little better? I thought it'd be a lot better."

"Hey, you're the one who called me cute."

"And then I corrected myself. I called you hot." She leaned down and gave him a quick kiss, pulling away before he could kiss her back.

He sat up indignantly as she picked up a chocolate-covered strawberry.

"What was that for?"

"What?"

"You can't just call me hot, give me a kiss as fast as the roadrunner and leave it at that!"

"Oh, but I did though." She giggled as she took a bite out of the strawberry.

"Come on! That's not fair!"

"Aw. Did my big bad wolf just whine?"

Derek actually looked offended when she said that. "No, I did not!"

Fionnuala smiled, moving herself next to him. "Alright, hot stuff. Whatever helps you sleep at night." She leaned over and gave him another kiss. A longer one this time, giving him the opportunity to kiss her back. And he took it, placing his hand on the back of her neck as they continued.

When they broke the kiss to breathe, the young girl whispered, "You're an intimidatingly hot werewolf boyfriend."

Derek released a small laugh, leaning his forehead on hers. "I'm not cute anymore?"

"It depends on what you do. I guess what I was meaning earlier when I said you were cute was that you were being very sweet. I mean, fairy lights and a picnic?"

"Not a proper picnic."

"It's the thought that counts."

"You know, all you've eaten is a chocolate-covered strawberry. Did I get all this food for nothing?"

"Well, my big bad werewolf was being fussy earlier. I couldn't focus on eating when he was upset, now could I?"

"I suppose not." He gave her another kiss.

"Come on, big boy. Let's eat the food while it's still in good condition." She brushed their noses together in an Eskimo kiss.

"Agreed."

So I had to rewrite Chapter 16 because the plot wasn't following the story line of the tv show that well. And I'm doing my best to match that story line as much as possible. The beginning of the chapter is still relatively the same. I just changed the rest. Hope you enjoyed!