Chapter 25

"Did I do something wrong?" Derek asked as they ate lunch.

Fionnuala looked at him from across the table. "Why would you think that?"

"We usually sit next to each other. During our picnic yesterday and when we ate breakfast this morning."

"Maybe I just want to have a better view of my boyfriend." She got up and put her plate in the sink before heading out of the kitchen.

Derek took another bite of his sandwich as he pulled out his phone and unlocked it, before pulling up messages.

Derek: Hey, Stiles. I've got a problem.

Stiles: And what problem does the high and mighty Derek Hale think I'll be able to fix?

Derek: I didn't give you my number so you can mock me through texts.

Stiles: Sorry. What can I help you with?

Derek: Everything was fine between me and Isolde before lunch. Then just before we began making it, things weren't fine anymore.

Stiles: Did she use the reverse psychology on you?

Derek: Yeah, but it wasn't that because we both got what we wanted.

Stiles: She had you go shirtless, didn't she?

Derek: We're getting off-topic.

Stiles: Sorry again. So it wasn't the reverse psychology that made things go wonky?

Derek: No, I went to grab something, came back, we talked for a little while hugging, then she turned away and gave me a job to do.

Stiles: You were making lunch. She was probably hungry. She gets that way.

Derek rolled his eyes as he typed back his answer.

Derek: Not this time. Even when she's hungry, she likes it when I'm hugging her. But she pulled away.

Stiles: Did you say something during hugging?

Derek: We said lots of things. I just don't know what I did wrong.

Stiles: Dude, you definitely did something wrong then.

Derek: What did I do wrong?

Stiles: Tell me, without all the gooey stuff, what you guys said.

Derek: She called Lydia to thank her for covering for her last night. Lydia said she knew Isolde had a boyfriend but she never saw his face. And let me tell you I was relieved.

Stiles: Now look who's getting off-topic. Back to what you were talking about.

Derek: Isolde told me all the people who know that I'm her boyfriend and one of them being Tara.

Stiles: Wait.......TARA KNEW ABOUT YOU BEFORE ME?!?!?!

Derek: Not the point. Trying to stay on topic here. Anyways, with Isolde's consent, she put her through a lie detector test to figure out who she was texting. Isolde failed and-

Stiles: Stop right there. Don't say anymore. You passed a lie detector test, right?

Derek: Yeah, but that's not the point.

Stiles: Did you lie at all?

Derek: Yeah, I lied most of the test. By the way, this is confidential information. You are not allowed to share this with your dad or anyone else.