Chapter 33

Stiles was just shutting his sister's bedroom door when his phone began to ring. The caller ID said Scott.

"Hello?"

"Stiles, Derek's with Peter."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"He's with Peter. He's on Peter's side!"

 "That's impossible. Fi and I were just with him and he was fine."

"How long ago was that?"

"30 minutes maybe?"

"Well, they came by the school. And Derek's now on Peter's side."

"He's probably faking it for Peter."

"No, Stiles! He's been brainwashed!"

"Alright." Stiles stepped into his room and closed the door before lowering his voice. "We can't tell Fi though. She still has two weeks of bed rest. Well, technically one and a half. But still. She can't be included." He hung up and sighed. "I'm so screwed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school the next day, Stiles came downstairs and grabbed a carton of milk out of the fridge. He unscrewed it and began to walk away, drinking from it as he glanced into the dining room.

Fionnuala looked up from where she was doing her homework at the table and rolled her eyes. "Stiles! How many times have I told you? Stop drinking from the milk cartons! Otherwise, nobody else will be able to use them!"

"Yeah, they will. The only people who live here are gonna use them and we're all family."

"I'm gonna agree with your sister here," Sheriff Stilinski spoke up from where he was also doing work at the table. "Using a carton that you've already directly drunk from does not sound too appealing to me."

"But I've done it before and you guys haven't noticed!"

His twin stood up, picking up her books. "I'm gonna go to my room to complete my homework."

"Alright. I'll call you when Tara gets here with dinner."

"Don't worry about it, Dad. I'm not hungry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fionnuala sat in her room, completing her homework before she picked up her phone.

❤️: I'm here. Below your bedroom window.

She smiled and walked over, looking down. Derek smiled and waved.

"Hey, handsome."

"You coming with me or not?" he replied.

"Absolutely. Let me get my jacket." She grabbed her jacket and pulled it on, before climbing onto the window sill.

"Jump. I'll catch you."

She obeyed before he caught her.

"Come on. I'm gonna bring you to my house. Then I have to make one quick stop before we can spend some time together."

"Okay."

They walked to his house where he dropped her off and said, "I'll be back really soon." Then he left.

He came back 10 minutes later with Jackson in tow. The 16-year-old moved backwards into the shadows of the staircase as they approached the house.

They stopped a few feet from the front steps, before Jackson turned to Derek.

"This is it?" she heard him ask. "This is the place?"

She saw Derek nod slightly. "Go ahead."

She continued watching as Jackson turned back around and began walking towards the house before stopping and turning to face Derek again.

"Is it safe? I don't want rafters falling on my head."

Fionnuala rolled her eyes as Derek nodded again. "Go in."

Jackson walked up the front steps before turning to Derek again. "What's in here?"

"Everything you want," Derek answered.

Jackson nodded and pushed the half-open door open the rest of the way. Derek placed a hand on his shoulder and said, "It's gonna be alright. Trust me." He gave Jackson a little push into the house before entering himself and closing the door.

"This house. It's the same house," Jackson said.

"What'd you say?" Derek asked.

"I've dreamt about this place. I remember the staircase. I remember these walls. I remember everything."

Derek glanced over in Fionnuala's direction with a semi-startled look on his face. She shrugged, indicating she knew nothing.

"You've been here?" Derek asked.

Jackson turned around to face Derek and shook his head. "No, never. I've dreamt it." He swallowed hard as Derek stared at him. "There's no one else here."

Derek shook his head.

"And no one else coming?"

Derek shook his head again and released his claws.

"No. No, please." Jackson backed up and fell against the staircase. "Please don't, okay? I'll shut up. I'll never say another word again. I'll leave Scott alone. Please, you can't do this! Please! I don't deserve it."

"I think you do," Derek said.

"No-"

"Look around you! Wouldn't there be someone here trying to save you? There's no one here. And there's a reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car. No one cares that you have perfect hair and no one cares that you're captain of the lacrosse team!"

"He really doesn't have perfect hair, but okay," Fionnuala muttered to herself.

"Excuse me," a voice interrupted. "Co-captain."

The young girl groaned quietly when she heard Scott's voice, then a thump as he jumped down the stairs and landed between her boyfriend and Jackson.

"Move," Derek ordered, already transformed.

"No," Scott answered, also transformed.

"Fine, I'll kill you too." He began to step forward when they all heard a whistling sound. "Cover your eyes!"

There was a flash of light in the room, before gunfire was heard and everyone took cover.

"Derek!"

Derek looked over to see someone dragging his girlfriend away. He growled, about to follow when he saw Scott sitting up against a wall with an injury in his side.

"Scott! Go!" Derek yelled.

When Scott didn't move, Derek moved himself over to where he was and dragged him up.

"Run!"

As soon as Scott had disappeared out the back, he opened the front door of the house and roared.