Chapter 32

Fionnuala walked back downstairs with a smile on her face. She guessed the reason Derek wanted to punch her twin was because he called him Miguel.

"Wouldn't blame him. I'd want to punch him too," she said, putting the ice pack away and returning to the couch.

Meanwhile, upstairs, Danny had finished tracing the text.

"There. The text was sent from a computer. This one." He pointed at the screen.

Stiles and Derek, who had finally found a shirt that fit him, leaned closer.

"Registered to that account name?" Derek asked.

"No, no, no, no. That can't be right," Stiles disagreed.

They all stared at the laptop screen where it read that the text was sent from Melissa McCall's computer account at the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That evening, Derek and Stiles were sitting outside of the nursing home on the phone with Scott.

"Did you get the picture?"

"Yeah, I did, and it looks just like the drawing," Stiles answered.

Derek grabbed Stiles' arm and pulled it so that he could talk into the phone.

"Hey, is there something on the back of it? There's gotta be something. An inscription, an opening, something."

"No, no, the thing's flat. And, no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you? You're supposed to be here. You're first line."

"Where the hell is Bilinski? Huh?" Stiles heard the coach say to Scott.

"Man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start."

"I know." Stiles sighed. "Look, if you see my dad, can you tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little late, okay? Alright, thanks." He hung up.

Derek looked over at him. "You're not gonna make it."

"I know." Stiles sighed.

"And you didn't tell him about his mom either."

"Not till we find out the truth."

They stared at the entrance to the nursing home for a few seconds before Derek spoke again. "By the way, one more thing."

"Yeah," Stiles answered.

Derek slammed his head into the steering wheel.

"Ow! What the hell was-"

"You know what that was for!" Derek told him. "Go," he added, pointing to the nursing home entrance. When Stiles still didn't move, he emphasized a little more. "Go!"

Stiles got out and walked inside. He was walking down the hall, talking to Derek on the phone as he looked around.

"Yeah, I said I can't find her."

"Look, ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle."

Stiles walked to Peter's room only to find it vacant. "Yeah, well, he's not here either."

"What?"

"He's not here. He's gone, Derek."

Suddenly, Stiles heard the sound of almost panic entered Derek's voice as he spoke. "Stiles, get out of there right now. It's him! He's the Alpha! Get out!"

Terrified, Stiles backed out of the room and turned his head, seeing Peter standing a few feet away.

"You must be Stiles," he said.