Bonus Chapter/Epilogue

This is a bonus chapter/epilogue to the first book/season of my Teen Wolf series. I'm dedicating this chapter to my best friend and most dedicated reader. Hope you enjoy. :)

Derek helped Fionnuala into the house.

"Come on. I should have some food in here," he told her. "I heard you telling Stiles that you were hungry."

They grabbed some food and headed up the stairs. They were sitting and eating, enjoying the silence until Derek finally spoke.

"You know what the benefits of being a werewolf are?"

"Not getting sick and healing from injuries remarkably fast, unless they're made by an Alpha." She smiled up at him from where she had her head on his lap.

"But there are also downsides to it." He looked down at her. "Hunters."

"You were born one. It's not like you had a choice. But," she added, reaching up and wrapping her arms around his neck, "I'm not leaving you. You're stuck with me until I die. Or you. I might come first because you heal from mortal wounds and don't get left with a scar."

"Another thing I wanted to talk to you about," he told her with a kiss. "I just found out last week you get sick really easily. Stiles told me that each time you go to the hospital, he's not sure if you're gonna come out again."

"Stiles likes playing tough boy, but I guess he's really a softy at heart. Like you."

"Only around you, baby. Anyways, I wanted to offer it to you."

"Offer what?"

"The bite. I wanted to offer the bite to you. That way, you won't have to worry about missing any more school or anything. And we could be together forever."

"Your Beta?"

"Yeah. So, what do you say? Want the bite?"

"Derek, you also told me this past summer that if the bite doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger. Is there a higher chance of it killing me if I'm chronically ill?"

"I don't know. I've never heard of anyone chronically ill being bitten and dying."

"But you've also never heard of anyone chronically ill being bitten, correct?"

"Yeah."

"Well, if you're willing, I'm all for taking the risk."

"Wait. Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I'm willing to take the chance that I might not get sick ever again."

"Where do you want it? Side, shoulder, arm?"

"Well, after the past couple days of being trapped in a damp basement, I'm gonna be wearing sweaters for the next week. So, let's say shoulder."

"Your shirt isn't exactly the cleanest either. I'm gonna go grab one of mine so that you have a clean one to change into, yeah?"

"Okay." She sat up and leaned back on her hands as he got up and left to get a clean shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After receiving the bite, Fionnuala went and changed into the clean shirt that Derek got her before returning and resuming her previous position of her head on his lap as they continued talking in quiet tones.

"When do you think it'll heal?"

"Within the next couple of days.  So by Monday or Tuesday, you will hopefully be a werewolf."

She smiled. "My intimidatingly hot werewolf boyfriend."

"And hopefully, by this time next week, you'll be my beautiful werewolf girlfriend."

"Oh, now that you're an Alpha are you gonna turn into what Peter turned into?"

"No, that takes a special kind of crazy that I don't have."

"Good. But even if you did, don't do it around me."

"Of course not."

They were silent for a little while until they heard a voice calling Derek's name and Fionnuala groaned.

"It's Jackson again."

(Since we already know that conversation, I'm gonna skip past all that and carry on to after Jackson leaves)

"He's finally gone." She sighed in relief.

"But he's now gonna be part of my pack," Derek said.

"He won't be around that much though, I hope."

"No, he won't. I'm gonna want some alone time with my girlfriend. And that's if he survives the bite."

"Well, handsome. I'm sad to say, but I need to get home. I need to let my dad know that I'm okay. Come on. It's time he finally meets you and takes you off the suspect list."

"Meets me as in-"

"-you rescued me." She kissed him. "Not as in boyfriend yet."

"Good. Hey, do you think Jackson recognized your voice? Or just you in general?"

"No. We've hardly talked."

"How did Danny know you?"

"He talked with Stiles a little last semester and I just so happened to be around Stiles when he was."

"Gotcha." Derek held out his arm. "Let's go, shall we?"

They weren't even out of the woods yet, when Derek said, "You know, this won't do. It's a long trip to your house. I'm not having you walk the whole way."

"But you don't have your car."

He scooped her up in his arms, bridal style and gave her a kiss. "No, but I have my legs."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled. "My hero."

He noticed her shivering. "Shit. You're cold." He set her down again and shrugged off his jacket.

"No, Derek. I'll be fine. Don't take your jacket off."

"Absolutely not." He helped her put it on and picked her up again. "I want you warm."

About 20 minutes later, they arrived at the Stilinski house and he knocked.

Sheriff Stilinski opened the door and his eyes got wide when he saw his daughter wrapped in a leather jacket and in Derek's arms.

"Fion!"

"Hey, Dad."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Dad. I'm fine. Derek saved me."

"In that case, thank you, Derek."

"No problem, sir. I just wanted to make sure she made it home safe." Derek put her down, before she handed his jacket back to him.

"You, young lady, still have another week of bed rest before you're allowed back at school. And you have two days worth of homework from your brother. If you start feeling sick at all, we're getting you to the hospital to see Melissa."

"Yes, sir. I'm gonna go take a shower now and go to bed. Thank you again, Derek."

"No problem. Goodbye, Fi."

I want to say thank you to everyone who has read, voted and commented on this book and hope you will all enjoy the books to come. I was very excited when I saw how many people have read the story and hope you enjoyed it! Dedications will begin in the next book if you choose to keep reading! Thank you again!