Chapter 5

As soon as Fionnuala stepped inside, Stiles immediately pounced on her.

"Where'd you go after school today?"

"Why's it any of your business?"

"And why weren't you answering your phone?"

"I wasn't answering my phone because, Stiles, you're the son of the sheriff. You'd track my location."

"I don't know how to do that."

"Well, you'd find someone who'd be able to. And again, why's it any of your business where I was?"

"I'm your older brother!"

"Okay, for one. You're not that much older than me. Only 30 minutes. And if Dad's not concerned about where I am, you shouldn't be either."

"What about your grades?"

"What was it were you were saying last night to me? That I'm not your mom? Newsflash: You're not my dad."

"I may not be your dad, but I'm your older brother, Fi! I have the right to know!"

"And as I said, if Dad's not concerned, you shouldn't be either. And if you're so desperate about my grades, why aren't you paying attention to yours? You just barely managed to pass freshman year last semester. Summer school would've done you some good."

"Whatever. I'm gonna go call Scott."

"Where's Dad?"

"Working late. He said don't wait up for him, but save him some food."

"Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes, so don't get too sucked into your conversation. And by the way, I suggest you spend some time tonight figuring out a study schedule. Your grades will probably be grateful. If you stick to it."

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Why's dinner gonna be in 20 minutes?"

"We have leftovers that are still good. I'm gonna warm those up."

"Again?"

"Stiles." She looked up at him. "The day you decide to cook will be the day you make what you want. Until then, you'll have to suffer through eating what I make."

"Or don't make," he muttered, heading upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As promised, 20 minutes later, Fionnuala headed upstairs to grab Stiles for dinner. She was approaching his room when she heard something.

"How's the bite doing? Is it infected?"

"No, that's the weird thing. I went to clean it after my shift at work today, but when I pulled the bandage away, it was like it had never even existed!"

Fionnuala covered her mouth in shock. Derek was right. Then she walked into the room.

"Stiles! You took Scott out last night? You should be ashamed of yourself! And he was bitten? Does Dad know about this?"

"No, I told him Scott was home in bed, sleeping. And how much did you hear?"

"I heard enough. Come on. It's dinnertime."

Stiles sighed. "Scott, I gotta go. Dinnertime."

"Leftovers?"

"Yeah."

"Come on, Stiles."

There you go. We have a little sibling rivalry happening.