Chapter 26

They had watched Friends for about an hour when Derek felt Fionnuala relax against him. He tilted his head to the side and saw that she had fallen asleep. He smiled.

"You must be pretty tired, huh?" he whispered. "You were up probably hours past the time you usually go to bed last night taking care of me." He kissed the top of her head. "You're beautiful, inside and out."

Ever so carefully, he moved her so she was lying flat on his bed and pulled the covers up over her. She took a deep breath and let it out, making him panic at the thought that he woke her up. He breathed a sigh of relief when she just rolled over.

He quietly pulled a shirt over his head and left the room, closing the door behind him before walking to the kitchen and starting to do the dishes.

He had only been cleaning up the loft for about 15-20 minutes when he heard, "Derek?"

"Yeah?" he answered.

"Where are you?"

"Bathroom."

Fionnuala poked her head around the corner and said, "What are you doing?"

"Cleaning. Did I wake you up?"

"Mm, no." She rubbed her eyes with a yawn. "I woke up on my own and saw you weren't next to me anymore."

"Yeah, the dishes needed to be done. Then I found other stuff around the loft that needed to be completed." He stepped out of the bathroom and saw her standing there, wrapped up in his quilt. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Just cold and tired."

"Cold?" He frowned. "But the heating's on."

She shook her head. "No, it's not."

His frown only got deeper. "C'mere, baby." He took her hand and guided her over to his closet where he took out one of his hoodies. "Alright, I'm taking the quilt away for 10 seconds, okay?" She nodded, before he tugged the quilt away. "Arms up." She obeyed before he put the hoodie over her arms and head. He gave a light chuckle as she stood there, swamped in his hoodie.

She whined. "Derek, it's cold."

He nodded, wrapping her back up in the quilt. He took her hand again and led her over to the heater. "Sit right here, okay?"

She nodded, before he quickly went and grabbed a few spare blankets he had lying around and threw them in the dryer to warm them up. While that was happening, he grabbed his phone from the kitchen and returned to Fionnuala.

"Hey, I'm gonna call Stiles and then I'm gonna bring you home, okay?"

"Why can't I stay here?"

"I'd love for you to stay here, so I can take care of you. But I don't have the necessary stuff to do that. Your house is more equipped with all that. I don't have first aid stuff because I don't need it. Werewolf, remember? I don't get sick and I heal pretty much right off the bat."

"Okay," she whispered. "Text me though."

He smiled. "Yeah, baby. I'll text you."

She nodded, closing her eyes. He gave her a kiss on the forehead before dialing Stiles's number.

"Hello, this is Stiles."

"Stiles, I need you to start warming Isolde's bed up."

"Why?"

"I need to bring her home. She's come down with a fever. Is your dad home?"

"No, he's at work. He's gonna be working late."

"Great. Warm up her quilt, get some damp washcloths, get some fever reducer, anything and everything that she's gonna need. I'll be there in a bit with her."

"Alright. I'm on it."

"Good." Derek hung up and smiled at the sight in front of him before going and grabbing the warm blankets from the dryer. "C'mere, Isolde. I've got some warm blankets for you to be wrapped up in while we go to your house."

She nodded, letting him take the quilt and wrap her up in the fresh warm blankets. Then he brought her out to his car.

"'m cold," she said, curling into a ball as soon as he set her down and buckled her into the car.

"I know." He got in and started the car, turning the heating on full blast. Even though he started sweating two minutes later, he refused to turn the heating down so she would be comfortable.

When he got to her house, he got out and ran over to her side. He was carrying her up to the front door when Stiles opened it and whistled.

"You sure you're not the one with the fever?"

"I turned on the heating," he replied. "Do you have everything ready?"

"Yeah. This is just a fever, right? Cause Fi doesn't have the strongest immune system out there."

"As far as I know, yes, just a fever. I promised her I'd text her as often as I could." Derek set her down in her bed and pulled her quilt up over her. "But I just need her to get some rest right now. Keep me updated on how she's doing, okay?"

"Yes, sir. Now I should let my dad know that she's not feeling great. So you should probably leave."

"Yeah. Just, remember, keep me updated."

"D-don't go," Fionnuala said in a weak voice.

"I have to, sunshine. I'll text you, okay? But right now you need to just rest. Stiles is gonna call your dad. Stiles-"

"I'll keep you updated regularly. If she gets any worse, I will call you."

"You'd better. I don't care if your dad's home. I'll bring her to the hospital myself, if I have to."

"You might have to. Because I'm not a very strong person."

"Regular updates!" Derek gave his sick girlfriend one last kiss on her forehead before leaving.

Stiles sat next to his sister and placed a cool cloth on her forehead as he dialed his father's number.

"Sheriff Stilinski."

"Dad, hi. Uh, it's Fi."

"What's wrong?"

"She came down with a fever. She's in bed, wrapped in a shit ton of blankets but she's still shivering like it's below freezing."

"Is the heater on in her bedroom?"

"Yes, sir. I am sweating my ass of in here."

"Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of something right now. Just keep me updated. Let me know if she gets worse."

"Yes, sir." Stiles hung up and swiped a hand across his forehead. "You sure like to keep everyone on their toes, huh, Fi?"