Chapter 31

"And then Scott says that he knows he made a dumbass mistake making me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state and he wants everyone to just get past it," Derek told Fionnuala over Facetime the next day.

"But you found out some stuff and that's the important part."

"Did you get last night's homework done?"

"While you three were out having fun playing car chase and everything, yeah, I was actually doing something useful to help further my future in being educated."

"You were watching Friends, weren't you?"

"Yes. But I was also finishing my homework."

"Sunshine, I gotta go."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I hear people. They're coming into my house. When I'm at a safer place, I'll call or text you, okay?"

"Okay. Love you and be safe!" Fionnuala hung up and sighed. "Scott, you're an idiot."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that afternoon, when Stiles came home, she said, "Homework, please."

"Here you go," her twin replied, handing her her bag. "By the way, you missed a lot of fun at school today."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah. Jackson somehow managed to find out what Scott is and has him all rattled now, Allison is now talking to Scott even less than she was before and Jackson dumped Lydia."

"Why is all the exciting stuff happening now that I'm not there?"

"I don't know." Stiles shrugged. "Anyways, we've got a lacrosse game tonight and I'm playing!"

"Congratulations!"

"Yeah. So I better get as much school as I can done. You gonna come tonight?"

"If it was in two weeks, yes, I would go. But I'm still recovering and I promised Melissa I wouldn't overwork myself or anything. Get Dad to film it, yeah?"

"I will." Stiles ran up the stairs and into his room, sitting down at his computer without noticing the person standing in the corner.

"Hey, Stiles!" Sheriff Stilinski called.

"Yo," Stiles said, turning around. "D-Derek."

Derek made a shush sign with his finger and pointed to the bedroom door.

"I, um," Stiles continued, running for the door and standing in the doorway with the door mostly closed.

"What'd you say?" the sheriff asked.

"What? I said, 'Yo, Dad'."

Sheriff Stilinski looked at his son for a second before saying, "Listen, I've got something I've got to take care of, but I'm gonna be there tonight. I mean, your first game."

"My first game. Gosh, great. Awesome. Uh, good."

The sheriff smiled. "I'm very happy for you. And I'm really proud of you."

"Thanks." Stiles smiled. "Me too. I'm happy and proud of myself."

"So they're really gonna let you play, right?"

"Yeah, Dad. I'm first line. Believe that?"

The sheriff smiled and shrugged. "I'm very proud."

"Oh, me too."

They hugged before Sheriff Stilinski said, "See you there."

Stiles nodded, as he replied, "Take it easy." He watched his father walk downstairs before he sighed in relief and rested his head on his door.