Chapter 5 - Negatives & Positives

Road to El Dorado 🤩

---

"Shh, it was just a dream Toms,"  his mother said sweetly,  hugging her son after he had another nightmare of his father.

"It -  it was r - real!"  Tommy croaked,  clinging onto his mother for dear life.  "A - are you real?"   he asked,  unsure of what's real or what's not.

"I am real . . . just in your imagination," she replied sadly.  "just think about the positive things,  not just the negative."

---

Tommy shot out of his bed,  sweat dripping down his face.  He thought about his mother's words,  "Think about the positive things."  No,  he can't do that.  For his whole life,  his father was there.  He was there when she was not. 

The bruises from his father reminded him his mistakes in life.  Wait . . .

Tommy climbed out of bed and checked the time.  5:32  A.M.

He had time.

---

He exited the bathroom with bandages on his arms.  He needed to mark his shame.  He looked through his belongings for at least a shirt with long sleeves.  Just a T - shirt and jeans.  'Shoot,'  he thought to himself.  How can he be so stupid and not think beforehand?

Maybe he could just wrap a blanket around himself and ask . . . Wilbur.  Hopefully he's awake,  it was 5:51 A.M. in the morning.  Tommy wrapped a blanket around himself and walked to Wilbur's room.  

Knock knock

"Dad,  p - please leave me alone,"  Wilbur's voice was muffled behind the door.  

"Hey,  it's just me.  Tommy,"  Tommy corrected.

"Oh,  uhm . . .  what do you need?"

"I need some spare clothes.  I can't sleep."

"Oh,  you want a erm . . . hoodie?"

"Yeah sure,"  Tommy responded.

Tommy waited outside the door for about two minites until Wilbur opened the door.  Jesus,  he looked like a mess.  Wilbur's hair was poking in all directions,  dried tears stained his face,  and dark circles around his eyes.

"A - are you alright Wil'?"  Tommy asked,  concerned for the teenager.

"Oh,  uhm . . . yeah.  Anyway,  here's what you've asked for,"  Wilbur mumbled,  handing Tommy a gray hoodie. 

"Thanks dude,"  Tommy smiled and walked to him room.

~~~~~~Small time skip,  like two hours later~~~~~~

"Hey kid,  I've made breakfast,"  Technoblade's voice called from behind the door.

"Oh,  what's for breakfast?"  Tommy asked.

"You'll see."

The pinkette's footsteps faded away.  Tommy exited his bedroom and went to the dining room.  Oh,  pancakes.  His mother knew it was his favorite and made the dish often.

"We're going to the store later,  so eat up,"  Techno said,  taking a seat in a chair.  "by the way,  Wilbur and Phil had an argument last night,  so be nice to them."  'Well that explains the yelling last night,'  Tommy thought.

Tommy took a bite of his breakfast and almost barfed.  'Jesusit's so sugary,' he thought.

"Hey,  are you uh,  feeling good?"  Techno snapped Tommy out of his thoughts.  

"Hm?  Oh,  yup," Tommy replied quietly,  embarrassed that he zoned out like that. 

"Alright,  just eat until you're full,"  Techno said,  concerned for the kid.

'Like him.'

'Protect.'

'Kind.'

'Good.'

The voices rang through Techno's head and that was the first time they've said something . . . positive instead of "killing" them.  For once,  he agreed.  'What did his father do?'

Tommy ate half of his pancakes and felt sick.  "Uhm,  may I use the restroom?"

"Of course?  Why do you need to ask?"  Techno said,  giving Tommy an "are you really okay?"  look.

Tommy bolted to the bathroom and slammed the door behind him.  He leaned into the toliet and stuck two fingers into his throat.

---

Wilbruh's POV while Lil' Tim was in the bathroom :

Wilbur walked out of his room,  feeling more tired than ever.  That fight really took all of his energy.  He then heard a whimper  and a thump from Tommy's room.

Wilbur creaked open the door and saw . . . nobody.

"Toms?"  he called out.  He noticed that the bathroom lights were on and someone was in there.  Tommy.

He sauntered over to the door and knocked.  No answer.

"TOMMY!  ARE YOU ALRIGHT IN THERE?"

No answer.

"What's going on?"  Techno suddenly appeared behind him. 

"JESUS -  WHEN DID YOU -"

"Answer.  Now."

"I -  Tommy isn't answering . . ."  Wilbur managed to stagger out,  he's just scared for his little brother - not his little brother . . .  his Tommy.

"I'm a cop for a reason,  stand back,"  Techno deadpanned,  walking closer to the bathroom door.

B A M ! (Ah yes,  I just love doors being forced opened.  Someone make a number counter of "doors broken / being forced open".)

Wilbur was horrified by the sight in front of him.  Tommy was collapsed on the floor and was so pale . . .

"Crap,  what happened?"  Wilbur asked him self out loud.  He knelt down to Tommy and picked him up.  He was awfully light . . .  and he was unhealthily skinny as well. 

"What the heck was the commotion abou -"  Phil gasped when he saw Tommy in Wilbur's arms.  "Holy -  what the -  what happened?!"

"He feels s - so light dad,"  Wilbur croaked,  on the verge of tears seeing Tommy in this state.

"Put him on the bed,  I'll get some ice,"  Phil ordered,  already on the move to get some ice.

---

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, 859 words 🤩