Chapter 27 - Not Your Fault

WOAHHH- BACK TO WILBRUH AND TECHNO-

WE'RE FINISHED WITH WILBUR'S FLASHBACK, NOW WE'RE BACK IN TECHNO'S FLASHBACK- IDK-

---

WARNING!: Mentions of suicide and implied depression

Techno looks at Wilbur, who seems to be crying now.

"Wilbur?" Techno says, scooting over to Wilbur on the bed. "Wilbur, what's wrong?"

Wilbur looks up at Techno with pink puffy eyes.

"I- I could've saved him . . ." he sniffles.  "A- and . . . how am I gonna keep his promise?!"

Wilbur starts to sob uncontrollably, curling up into a ball.

"W- Who's 'him'?" Techno asks, unsure how to comfort the young boy.

"I- m- my friend . . ." Wilbur mumbles, wiping his face furiously with his sleeves.

"What's his name?" Techno asks.

"Schlatt . . . h- he's dead," Wilbur chokes on his words and continues to cry.

"I- I could've save him, Techno!  I- I'm such a dumbass . . . what am I even doing with my life!?  I- I wish I could just kill myself right now . . ."

Techno freezes at the idea of Wilbur killing himself.

"I- no!  You're not a dumbass, Wilbur!" Techno says, processing Wilbur's words.

"Techno, I- I just want to fucking kill myself!  I don't want to live with the guilt anymore," Wilbur says, his crying intensifies and he was sobbing at this point.

Techno watched silently as Wilbur cried his eyes out.

"PULL YOURSELF TOEGTHER, LAD!" Techno smacked Wilbur in the face to bring the boy back to reality.

"Do you really think killing yourself and your self esteem bringing yourself down can stop you?!"

"Well, technically yes because ending yourself means-"

"Shut the fuck up, I'm trying to monologue here-"

Wilbur made a soft weak smile at this.

"Anyways- GOD DAMNIT- I FORGOT WHAT I WAS GONNA SAY!  GREAT, THANKS WILBUR," Techno says this in a fake offended tone.  He was just actually trying to cheer Wilbur up and get him to snap out of his self harm thoughts.

"You idiotic moron!" Wilbur exclaimed, laughing at Techno now.  Wilbur wipes his tears away and smiles.

"Y'know . . . I just met you yesterday and just told you about my personal problems.  What do you think of that?" Wilbur asked.

"Uhh- I dunno-" Techno shrugs.  "I mean . . . I did run away from home though."

Wilbur looked at him with a pitiful look.

"Do you mind if you . . . talk about it?"

". . ."

"Oh . . . I see.  You don't have to but you can tell me later-"

"I witnessed my dad dying," Techno quickly said, not trying to cry now.

Wilbur looked at Techno with a, 'are you joking?' and a 'I'm so sorry' look.

"I- holy shit- I'm so sorry for your loss . . . what about your mother?" Wilbur said.

"I- s- she's the reason why he died . . ."

Techno remembered that day vividly.  It was so clear . . . the blood . . . the knife . . . his dad . . . the sadistic look in his mother's eyes . . . everything.

"Did she . . . y'know?" Wilbur asked quietly.  Now Wilbur was the one comforting Techno.  How convenient!

"Yeah . . . killed him," Techno said.  The word "kill" felt so foreign to him now.

"Well . . . it wasn't your fault at least," Wilbur said.

"Heh, says you," Techno laughs.  He looks at Wilbur and he continues to smile a reassuring smile.

"It wasn't your fault that Schlatt died . . ."

---

577 words

If you're wondering why I haven't been publishing my Hamilton fanfic, well, here's your answer:

I'M TOO LAZY.

Anyway,

Stay safe, lads. <3