Chapter 11 - Young Blood, Old Souls

PLEASE,  I JUST NEEDED TO SNEAK IN A OWL HOUSE REFERENCE.

Thanks for 139 reads though,  I appreciate it.  ^-^

---

"WAKE UP DAD!  PLEA -"

Ringing filled Phil's ears,  muffling the oddly familiar voice from the outside world.

"P - Please dad . . .  I - I need you,"  the voice trailed off on the last word.

"Would you like to return or move on?" a female voice ask from behind.  Phil turned his head slowly towards the voice.

There stood a tall woman in front of him.  She held a sythe in her hand and wore a big thin black hat on her head.  Her eyes were as black as the night sky.

"W - What do you mean 'move on'?" Phil asked the woman.

"Oh . . ."  she began disappointed.  "It means to pass on to another life . . .  basically leaving your physical form in the living world," she explained.

"Wait,  where are we?"  Phil asked.  He looked around his surroundings and he was surprised at what he saw . . .  darkness.

"This is the space in between -"  she stopped herself to think.  "Well,  between a lot of things actually."

"Woah . . ."  Phil was all he could say.  "Wait,  does that mean I'm . . ."

"Dead?"  she asked gently.

"W - What about my sons?!  I - I can't leave them . . ."  Phil said,  tears starting to form behind his eyes.

"You mean our sons?"

Phil looked up to her,  "W - What?!  What do you mean?" 

The woman chuckled.

"Have you not realized?"  she asked teasingly.

Phil's eyes lit up.

"K - Kristin?!"  he excalimed.  "I - I can't believe it!  I've missed you so much!"

He crashed into his wife and began to cry.

"B - But . . .  how are you here?!"

Kristin sighed.

"My unfortunate job is to watch over the living and the dead to keep it balanced . . .  I've seen children living through their lives and . . .  well,  passing on sooner or later,"  she explained.  "You unfortunately,  have found your way here."

Phil pulled away from his wife.

"How did you die?"  he asked.

"I've started to run out of time spending time in the living world,"  she replied.  "Alas,  it was tough seeing you mourn me and not knowing that I was watching."

Phil frowned sadly.

"Why do you have that sythe though?"  he suddenly asked, pointing at the weapon in her hand.

"It looks cool,"  she simply replied.  "Look,  I know it's a hard choice but . . .  do you want to pass on or return back to the living world?"

Phil started to think hard about this . . .  but he soon knew which he was going to choose.

"I love you Kritsin,"  he finally said.

"I love you too . . ."

---

452 words.