Chapter 25 - Promise

Now I'm wondering . . . how did this escalate?  All of this "flashbacking" started all because of SOMEONE just had to kick his brother in the balls.

And now, as I look back on the first few chapters . . . I'm cringing at the way I've written them.  How are people voting for this shit?

---

"Psst, Wilbur," Schlatt hissed in the dark, waking up Wilbur.

"What?" Wilbur asked, still half asleep.

"Wanna have some fun?" Schlatt asked.

Wilbur sat up and looked at Schlatt with a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

Schlatt grinned mischievously.

"Y'know, your parents most likely has some alcohol and I was wondering . . ."

"Well, yes they do BUT I don't think this is a great idea Schlatt," Wilbur confirmed.

"C'mon, only a little bit!  I'm bored . . ." Schlatt whined, attempting to convince Wilbur.

"I don't know . . ."

"Please? "

"Fine," Wilbur sighed.  "Only a little bit.  Got it?"

"YES!" Schlatt exclaimed.

"Shush!  Not so loud," Wilbur hushed.

"Sorry . . . sorry," Schlatt said, much more quiet.

"Alright, c'mon."

---

Wilbur lead Schlatt through the house, avoiding the creaking floor boards.  They reached the stairway and they stepped down the steps.

CREEEEAK!

They suddenly stopped to the sound of the loud creak.  Wilbur whipped his head towards Schlatt in anger.

"Schlatt!  We could've woken them up!" Wilbur whisper screamed.

"Sorry . . ." Schlatt whispered quietly.

The two boys continued their journey to the kitchen and Wilbur opened the cabinets, containing some of the good stuff.  WINK WINK

Wilbur grabbed two bottles and handed one to his best pal.  They both popped the caps off their bottles and they raised their bottles up into the air.

"Raise a glass!" they both sang in unison, putting the drink up to their lips. (NOT A HAMILTON REFERENCE- I SWEAR-)

The liquid burnt through their throats with the sweet taste to their tongues.  Shortly after, four bottles littered thr floors of the kitchen.

"Holyyy shiiiiiiiiiit!" Schlatt exclaimed, his words stretched and slurred.

"I know right, pal?" Wilbur said.

"I kinda wanna . . . walk through the park," Schlatt confessed.

"It's like . . . 2:00 AM dude . . . I don't knowww - I FUCKING AGREE!"

"LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Schlatt exclaimed loudly, grabbing Wilbur by the wrist.

"Let's - a goooooooooooo!" Wilbur exclaimed, impersonating Mario.

---

They stumbled through the park, their vision blurry with bright colors shining at the corners of their eyes.  They walked towards the stone bridge that sat in the middle of the park, water flowing through under quickly.

"Wilbruhh," Schlatt suddenly said, jumping onto the rails of the bridge.

"Dude, t - that's kinda dangerous," Wilbur said.

"I dunno man . . . it kinda fun.  Wanna joi -"

SLIP!

Schlatt slipped off of the rails and began to fall into the deep flowing water.  Wilbur ran to Schlatt and grabbed him by the wrist.

"SCHLATT!  YOU'RE TOO H - HEAVY!" Wilbur shouted, desperately trying to pull Schlatt up.

"Wilbur -"

"SCHLATT - I SWEAR I'LL PULL YOU UP!"

"Wilbur," Schlatt said, louder than before.

Wilbur looked into Schlatt's eyes, the tears streaming down his face.

"Wilbur," Schlatt repeated.

"W - What . . ." Wilbur said between sniffles.

"Wilbur, promise me that you'll live on a good life . . . e - even when I'm not there.  You'll take care of Philza and Kristin.  No matter how hopeless it sometimes gets . . . promise me now, and never let go of that promise."

"I - I promise," Wilbur said, tears streaming down his warm face.

Then he lost his grip on his pal.

---

Wilbur walked at the edge of the river, frantically searching for Schlatt.

"SCHLATT!!!" he yelled.

He saw something . . . it was a familiar sneaker -

"Schlatt's sneakers!" Wilbur exclaimed, running to go investigate.  He squatted down and picked up the soggy shoe and checked the bottom of the shoe to see Schlatt's familiar signature.  (Y'know, like in Toy Story where Andy's name is at the bottom of Woody's shoe? LMAO)

And as of expected, Schlatt's name was written at the bottom of the shoe.

Wilbur began to feel tears again, just the thought of Schlatt hurts him.  He had his best friend in his grasp!  And he lost him in a blink of an eye.

"Schlatt . . . I'm so sorry," Wilbur sobbed, his grip onto the shoe was tight.  Wilbur stood up and held the shoe tight in his hand.

"I promise Schlatt . . . I will keep my promise forever. . ."

---

696 words.  HAHA- FUNNY NUMBER-

Anyway, this chapter is very late and rushed- LMAO

Remember how I said I'd "publish every chapter on Saturday, 12:00 AM CDT"?  Well, it's like- Tuesday.

Anyway- BYEEEEE