Chapter 28 - Bad News

YOOO, WE'RE AT 560 READS, WE'RE HALFWAY

---

"IT'S TIME FOR BREAKFASTS, GET YOUR BUTTS DOWN HERE!" Kristin yelled from downstairs, startling Wilbur and Techno.

"Wait- she's awake already?" Wilbur said, confused of why Kristin was awake so soon. She was never this early to be awake.

"I dunno- this is my second day at your house, stoopid," Techno shrugged.

"Oh yeah- I forgot," Wilbur got off of the bed and started to walk towards the door, expecting Techno to follow too.

He didn't. He's a dumbass.

"Aren't you coming?" Wilbur asks, his hand on the doorknob and ready to open the door.

"Wha-" Techno mumbled, clearly zoned out.

Wilbur smirks as he picked up a random ball of paper and aimed it at Techno's forehead. He threw it and it barely hits Techno in the eye.

"GAH-! What the fu?-" Techno snaps out of his thoughts and looks down at the ball of paper which almost hit his eye. He looked up at Wilbur and glared at him.

"Sorry- I was just asking if you were coming to breakfast," Wilbur gave Techno an apologetic smile as he opens the door. "C'mon, you're coming down here with me."

"Okay-"

Then Wilbur dragged Techno by the collar of his shirt and dragged Techno to downstairs.

"You don't need to drag me!" Techno exclaimed, trying to pry Wilbur's hands off of him.

"You're too slow, I'm hungry," Wilbur simply said, dragging Techno down the stairs and to the dining room where Philza and Kristin sat.

As per usual, Phil was reading the newspaper and drinking a cup of coffee which read, "#1 DAD!". Kristin was placing down a few plates and silverware before she noticed Wilbur dragging Techno.

"Good morni- Wilbur, what are you-" Kristin was still processing what was happening.

"What? What's wrong?" Wilbur asked, pretending that he wasn't doing anything suspicious.

"Wilbur, let go of him," Phil said, not even glancing up from the newspaper.

"Fiiiiiiiiiine," Wilbur reluctantly lets go of Techno and he walks over to a chair a the table.

"Good," Kristin nods in approval as she also sits down at the table.

Techno watches them sit down before he walks over and sits across from Wilbur and Philza and next to Kristin. He glanced at the front page of the newspaper Phil was holding and almost faints.

"HUSBAND AND SON MISSING, WIFE DEVASTED"

The newspaper read,

"YESTERDAY, A HUSBAND AND A SON WERE REPORTED MISSING BY WIFE, BRITTANY. 'I'm so scared, where are they?!' Brittany says. Authorities believe that this is a homicide or a kidnapping case. They are searching the city as we speak. Dial 911 if you report seeing the two males . . ."

Then the page showed two images of Techno and his father. Seeing his father made his heart ache.

"I- I gotta go the the bathroom. Pardon me," Techno suddenly stood up from his chair.

"Okay, do what you need to do. See you later," Wilbur smiled at Techno.

"Mhm . . . see you later . . ." Techno mumbled the last part. He walked up the stairs and pretend to go to the bathroom . . . nope.

He quietly goes into Wilbur's room and gets a random piece of paper and pen and writes something down on the paper. He placed the paper gently on Wilbur's pillow and walks over to the window. He slowly opened the window and let the warm breeze blow into the room.

He looked down at the bushes below and braced himself for the impact. He climbed onto the windowsill and jumped into the bushes, landing in the leaves, unharmed.

He quickly climbed out and ran off of the Soot's property, probably never gonna see them again.

'Damn, you're just gonna leave Wilbur like that? After everything he told you about Schlatt?' the voices asked in a mocking tone.

'Damn, girl. You're so selfish . . .'

'HAH! Selfishblade-'

'SELFISHBLADE! SELFISHBLADE! SELFISHBLADE!'

'Blood for the Blood God- Blood for the Blood God-'

"Shut up," Techno hissed, continuing to run.

He ran from the Soot house and the house wasn't visible to him now . . .

---

Thirty minutes has passed since Techno excused himself from the restroom.

"Damn, Techno's been in there for a while," Wilbur commented. "I wonder if he is having explosive diarrhea-"

"I doubt it . . . unless . . . Wilbur, maybe you should check on him," Kristin said, a concerned look on her face.

"Okay!" Wilbur stood up from his seat and walked up the stairs to the bathroom where Techno should be inside of. He knocked on the door and waited for a response. Nothing.

"Technooooo? Did you clog the toilet or something??" Wilbur asked jokingly, expecting an answer.

No response.

"Techno?"

Nope.

"Could you say something?"

Nada.

"Helloooooo?"

No reply.

"This better be a joke you're . . ." Wilbur leaned on the door and the door opens, unlocked.

". . . playing."

Wilbur peaks inside the bathroom and it was empty.

Techno was not in there.

Wilbur was stunned to see Techno not in the bathroom. Maybe he's in Wilbur's room.

Wilbur trots over to his room and opens the door.

The window was opened and there was a piece of paper with something written on it.

"No . . . no no no- please no-"

Wilbur ran over to the window and looked outside to see if Techno was outside.

Nobody.

Wilbur looks at the piece of paper on his pillow and he picks it up.

"Tell your family I'm sorry that I've lied to them. I truly am . . . I hope you forgive me someday. If I'm dead before I hear you utter those words, I'll never forgive myself. Again, I'm sorry for using your family's house as a hiding place and lying to you all. I hope I see you again someday. Sincerely, Techno"

"Damn it . . . I didn't even say goodbye to him though . . ." Wilbur mumbled after reading the note.

"I forgive you, brother . . . I forgive you . . ."

---

956 words

They'll forever be brothers. :)