Chapter 1

Ryujin... RYUJIN!

I woke up thanks to my mother, who was shaking me by the shoulder. I could see that it was dark outside and the digital clock on my desk read exactly 10:00 pm.

"What do you want, mom?" I asked into my pillow, turning the other way so I could shield myself from the light coming from the hallway.

She turned on the light and I grunted, covering myself completely with the blanket.

"Get up! Soobin is here, you're leaving for New York in four hours, remember?"

"Shit, yeah! Fuck!"

"Watch your language and go take a quick shower!"

I sighed as I got out of bed, grabbing the clothes I had packed for the trip. I felt excitement bubbling in my stomach and was anxious to finally get going, even if it meant leaving Soobin behind.

"What date is today?" I asked as I went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready.

"It's September 9th. Your deadline is the 11th, so you're good. Now go, princess, you don't want to be late! I'll keep Soobin company in the meantime in the living room."

Of course you will.

And with that, she turned away leaving me alone in the room.

I managed to take a shower and put on my makeup in 26 minutes, before stuffing my Minnie Mouse that Yeji won for me two years ago into my backpack.

I stared at the wall, wondering what Yeji would be doing at this exact moment. I had gotten over her a while ago, before I was with Soobin.

Despite the state of my relationship, I sometimes found myself thinking about what Yeji would be doing now. I still had her red jacket that she gave me the last time we met and the piercing in my belly button always reminded me of her.

I threw on a black New York sweatshirt over my plain sweatshirt and grabbed my backpack from my desk, ready to go. As I walked out the stairs, I could hear my mother using her seductive voice, probably trying to entice my boyfriend with her breast implants.

"Mom, I'm here please go to bed with my father, you know, your husband of about twenty years."

She turned to me embarrassed, fastening the top three buttons of her revealing camisole.

Thank God she never met Yeji.

"Good luck princess and call me as soon as you get there. Remember that credit card we talked about? We will send you a monthly amount, but you should find a job okay? Your dad may also go to work in the States sometimes, so maybe you will find him. But be a good girl and don't drop your classes, okay?"

I nodded and she smiled.

I decided to enroll in literature and dance as a side option, just like Yuna, who went into psychology.

"Bye mom, come on baby?" I asked turning to Soobin, who was leaning against the door with the car keys in his hand.

He nodded and waved to my mother, before we both walked out the door and he offered to carry my luggage.

The car ride was full of chatter, mostly from his side, he kept talking and talking about how he was going to miss me and it lasted about an hour, before he finally stopped in front of the airport.

"Bye, baby." Soobin said and leaned over the console.

"Wait, aren't you going to wait inside with me?" I asked.

"I'm sleepy. I'm not going to wait three hours for a plane." He smiled. "But I love you, so if you need anything, just call me."

"We're gonna break up now?"